So, let’s talk about primer sticks or what the kids on Tik Tok and most brands have been calling them; blur sticks.
So, what exactly are blur sticks? Well, they’re pretty much face primers it the form of sticks a la’ foundation sticks. Now, I’m a full supporter of most beauty things that are formulated to come in stick form. However, me and face primers have a love/hate relationship. I love them in the warmer months when my makeup likes to shift when the sun rises. Yet, in the colder months, they mostly get ignored in my makeup routine. Still, I’m very intrigued by these new forms of face primers. So, keep reading as I delve more into them and a list few that may peak your interest.
Essie Expressie Nail Polish Review
I’m into nails – it’s my thing. I spent most of my life as nail biter. However, in my late 20s, I stopped biting my nails. Out the blue, I realized I hadn’t bitten my nails in days and noticed they were *gasps* longer. So, I never bite my nails again and haven’t looked back. The one thing that prevented me from biting my nails was to always polish my nails. If I was ever stressed or bored, I whipped out a base coat, color, and top coat and paint my nails. Needless to say, I’ve bought and used a lot of nail polished and brands during this life of mine.
Recently, I decided to try a polish from Essie’s new nail polish line, Expressie. Interested in my thoughts? Well, keep reading for my Essie Expressie Nail Polish Review.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, EMPTIES, featuring beauty products I’ve used up this month.
I have to be honest – I almost didn’t use up any products in January. Wild! However, I noticed there were some products in my bathroom that only had a couple of uses left. So, there was no better time than the present to use them up. So, keep reading to see which products I used up both 3-pointing them into the garbage can in my bathroom. “KOBE!” 🙁
EMPTIES: January 2020
- Dani Naturals Coconut Hibiscus Lotion – The scent smells like a tropical vacation. Really! Not only does it smell lovely, but it’s really moisturizing. I was sent this last year, but I’m going to order it this summer – with the matching shower.
- Sephora Glycolic Glow Peel Pads – A couple of months ago, I picked up a few items from Sephora’s skincare line – out of pure curiosity. I picked up were these glycolic pads, because I live for a new skin treatment pads. However, these were a major disappointment. The pads were very thin and started to shred with the slightest swipe. Not to mention, I didn’t notice any changes in my skin, compared to glycolic pads I’ve tried in the past.
- ClearProof Blemish Control Toner – During the holidays, I experienced some intense breakout. No matter the cause, this toner helped it go away and prevented some, too. I appreciated that this toner didn’t make my skin feel dry, which can be hard for some acne toners to do. I would buy this again.
- Origins Spot Treatment – Yes, another acne product. I told ya’ll – my skin was being an utter jerk during the holidays. Thankfully, whenever I needed to expedite a pimple away, this spot treatment got it outta here. This will forever be one of my favorite acne spot treatments.
- Sephora Clear Skin Days Toner – This other Sephora skincare product I bought. Unlike the pads, my skin actually enjoyed this toner. After using it daily for a couple of weeks, I did see some improvements. Unfortunately, I think it’s been discontinued, because I don’t see on their site. I bought mine in-store, so you may be able to find it there.
- Pantene Leave-In Detangler Milk – The Pantene Gold Series is one of the best drugstore lines for natural hair. My favorite product from the line is the Leave-In Detangler, because it detangles and moisturizes my hair. I use it whether I plan to rock my hair curly or run the straighten iron through it. I’ve bought this numerous times.
Last week, I learned that I needed to use more physical exfoliators – in the most painful way possible. While warming up my car, I saw that I was long overdue for a facial wax. The Chicana in me was flaring up in the form of a low, connected goatee. Never cute on a woman, FYI. I decided to book an appointment to get a sugaring instead of waxing, because they’re more natural and painless. Unfortunately, the hairs were too short to “sugar” off, but there was another option – threading. Yes, I got my facial hair threaded off and it was the worst pain I’ve ever experienced in the name of beauty and self-care.
The “Threader of Death”, who was actually very nice and informative noticed that I hadn’t regular exfoliated in a while. Guilty! My lack of weekly exfoliating and thick hairs is what made it so difficult to thread the hairs off my chin. While wiping the bucket of tears that gushed out my eyes due to the pain, I realized that I hadn’t properly exfoliated my skin in a while. So, I went home that night and collected all the physical exfoliators I could find. While doing this, I narrowed down the three that I preferred the most, which I’ve decided to share.
We all have days when we look like we didn’t get quite enough sleep. Unfortunately, there are times when we do get enough sleep, but don’t look like it. One of the main culprits that makes us look this way is our under eye area. Dark under eyes can make us look tired and even, dare I say, older. Thankfully, there are a few makeup products that can help us and our eyes look brighter and more awake. Personally, I have 2 go-to tricks to get brighter under eyes and they have yet to let me down.
Keep reading to see the 2 products that you should keep in your makeup collection for those days when you need to look like you’re awake and alert.