LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
Happy March! My apologies for the tardiness, because I had every intention of posting this last week. However, the days would not ease up on me and I couldn’t keep up. Like they say, ‘”better late than never” and that’s the sword I’m falling on today.
Although I had plenty of hope for February, it was a flappity flop of a mess. So, I’m hoping March can come in here and act right, which it has been so far. Last month, despite it being the shortest month of the year, felt like the longest. Work was bonkers, trying to get some normalcy to my life was a fail, and then there was week of snowstorms right in the middle. Needless to say, I’m not looking back on last month, but I’m so grateful to see this month.
Since I barely survived February with my mental health still in tact, I’m dedicating March to getting right with myself. I’m focusing on things that bring me peace and (temporarily) putting some things to the side while I get me together. I just want to be a better me for me and I have no excuse as to why I can’t. So, that’s what I’m doing this month.
As for the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List, they’re mostly things to make me and my new apartment cute and ready and ready for spring. I want everything!
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
- Good American Easy Denim Shirt – I feel every closet needs a easy denim shirt and this one looks and sounds perfect – even the name.
- Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Serum – Recently, I started using the toner from this Glow Recipe line, because I love a good hydrating toner. I heard and saw that the toner combined with this serum makes your skin look all dewy and glowy. So, I need to find out for myself.
- Nespresso Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – My Keurig didn’t survive my recent move. Devastating, but this coffee maker and espresso machine hybrid would make me feel so much better.
- Steve Madden Tan Platform Wide Strap Sandals – A new, cute pair of platform tan sandals is my favorite way to spruce my wardrobe into spring mode. The only con to these is the wait time.
- Target x Levi’s Aged Cooper Bar Cart – The new Target x Levi’s collection just dropped and I’m in love, especially with this wood and cooper bar cart. So, chic and would look perfect in my new apartment. I wish I could see it in-store first, but I really want to buy it today.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
Happy February and Black History Month! I know this month’s Lust-Have List is little later than usual, but I’ve been really busy. Aside from trying to actually start the process of moving in less than 2 weeks, I’ve been trying to fight off a cold. As soon as I start to feel “sicky”, I break out the OTC meds, sip tea, and rest. Thankfully, it appears to be working, aside from having some slight fatigue and itchy throat for part of yesterday. No, it wasn’t ‘Rona, but I’m feeling about 90% myself.
As I mention, my move is right around the corner. I’ve started to collect boxes and paid my final rent for the place I’m at now – felt good to send them that final prorated payment. Now, I need to work on getting the big stuff done, which includes finding a mover and scheduling to have my utilities switched over. I forgot how much I hate moving. Hopefully, I will be at my new place for a minute.
Since I’m pretty much starting over with new furniture and décor, I made a concerted effort to not include any of that stuff in my Lust-Have List for February. However, I pretty sure I need all the things that I did mention, too.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
- Lemonade Smoothing Scrub – I haven’t been exfoliating my skin as much as I should and it’s starting to show. I’ve been seeing this new facial scrub from Ole Henriksen all over social media. Although, I’m not one to fall for products are paid to promote, I’ve had some good experiences with Ole Henriksen products in the past. So, I’m down to give this one a try.
- Initial Oversize Hoodie – In case you are new around here, I love anything with my initials and oversized. So, this hoodie from Good American is speaking my language. According to Punxsutawney Phil, we still have a few more weeks of winter left and to wear hoodies.
- Apple Watch Gold Mesh Band – My apple watch is becoming more clutch in my life and she deserves to look appreciated. I think I’m sold on adding a gold mesh band and I spotted this one online for less than $50. Might be my Valentine’s day gift to myself.
- Pattern Beauty Styling Cream – Currently, I’ve been wearing my hair naturally curly to help strengthen it while it grows. A couple of weeks a go, I picked up the travel version of the Pattern Beauty Styling Cream. This cream is so good! It’s not heavy and moisturizes and softens my curls, So, I have to get the bigger jar, which I might do this weekend.
- Pink Miracle Sneaker Cleaner – Last year, during the lockdown, I restarted my love of collecting sneakers. However, now that I wear them more, I need to get a good sneaker cleaner. I’ve heard and seen nothing but good things about this one. Plus, it comes with a brush for deep cleaning.
For the past couple of weeks, it has been consistently feeling like Fall. So, now that it feels like Fall, I can actually dress for Fall. When the temperatures drop, most people initially start shopping for sweaters and jackets. However, I like to work from the ground up and start with the shoes. The first shoe that I need to find are a new pair of combat boots. For the past few days, I’ve been scrolling various sight looking for my next pair of combat boots for fall. I saw a Facebook ad for a pair that I was ready to click and order immediately. Unfortunately, they were sold out and I was beyond annoyed. “Why is that ad still up if they’re sold out?!”
Needless to say, I had to go back to the digital aisles online and scope out a new pair. I’m still on the fence about which pair I want, but they are all good.
My favorite season is Fall, which I tell people as much as possible. I love almost everything about fall – chilly weather, warm beverages, and my birthday. However, I feel like the thing I enjoy most about fall is the style – fashion and home. Fall style is so effortless chic to me, which is the aesthetic I wish I could nail. Even though it’s not technically fall, I’m still not prepared for the Fall 2020 style vibes.
It has been irking me, because I see all the cute cozy clothes starting to come out. Plus, the perfect pair of boots and lightweight jackets, but I don’t feel the giddy feelings I usually feel around this time. So, I’ve decided to share a bunch of Fall 2020 style inspiration to hopefully get me – US – into the swing of things.