LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
Well, we made it to July – the beginning of the second half of 2020. Do we consider this the halfway mark of 2020 being over even though we don’t know when this is going to end? At this point, I’m just riding the wave and hope it doesn’t take me under.
I can honestly say that I haven’t been wanting much as of recent. However, there have been a few things recently that has made me want to reach for my wallet. So, here are the items I wouldn’t mind acquiring this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
- Libra Stud Earring – I’ve been wanting to get another piercing, because I only have the basic 2 in each ear. However, I want one in the upper or inner lobe – depends on how much of a baby I am. Still, I want another piercing so I can start wearing cute little studs, like this Libra scales stud. I love anything with my zodiac sign, which makes these a winner.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid Blemish + Blackhead Serum – I had a facial planned for tomorrow, but there was a Covid scare at the clinic last week. Everyone came back negative, but they still cancelled all the appointments for this week for safety reasons. So, I’m left back to trying to maintain my skin as best as I can until I get another appointment. I’ve loved the couple of products I’ve tried from The Inkey List and have high hopes for this serum to help with pores and blackheads.
- White Waterproof Birkenstock – Saw these on someone I follow on IG and instantly knew I wanted them. They are going to look so good with tanned legs and a french tip pedi.
- Tie Dye Nike Socks – I hopped on the tie-dye train late when everyone was tie-dying everything when Corona hit. I’ve been wanting to test the tie-dye waters with a pair of socks and these from Bar Denim are the right level of pigmentation I’ve been wanting.
- 90s Gladiator Chunky Heel Sandal – I wanted these sandals when I was junior high, but in white. So, maybe nostalgia is leading me to buy a pair, but I think I could make them work. They are available in white, too! Options.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: Ouai Hair Oil
Currently, I’m going through one of my hair care products spells. So, I’ve been buying a trying different products to address the needs of my hair. Although this spell only lasts for a couple of weeks, I’ve bought quite a few products these past weeks. I’m still testing them out trying to separate the winners from the losers. So far, they are all showing potential. However, there is one that has been in the lead and that’s Ouai’s Hair Oil. Keep reading to see why this one is already in the winner’s circle.
EMPTIES: May 2020
Guess who is somewhat back on schedule and back with the empties for last month? Me! I didn’t really use up many products, because I was buying a quite a bit. However, that’s not why I’m here today. Keep reading to see what products I used up last month.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: MoroccanOil Color Depositing Hair Mask
I must say that I learned a lot of things while the country was mostly shutdown. For example, I learned to type with long nails – a lifelong goal fulfilled. However, the one thing I learned about that I didn’t know existed were color depositing hair masks. Scratching your heads at that phrase? Well, they’re pretty much hair masks that condition your hair AND add temporary color to your hair.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
Well, I was very optimistic at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Last week was just an horrible chapter in the horrific book of 2020. The year has been rough and we’re just now making it to the halfway mark. It can only go up from here, right? Right?! Let’s continue to pray healing and strength for everyone while continue to find happiness in ourselves.
I’m in the process of looking to buy a “newer” car, which means that I’ve been cutting back on spending. Yet, I feel like I still need so many things, including the items on this month’s Lust-Have List for June. I thing they are essential…for my happiness. Wow, I think I pulled something with that reach. Anyway, here are the items that I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
- adidas Stell-Lette Slides – I’ve been eyeing some new athletic slides for awhile. I usually get a pair from Nike, but I love the look of these from Stella McCartney’s line with adidas.
- Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask – My skin hasn’t been an plump and hydrated as I know it can be. So, I’ve been trying to add as much moisture back in as I can. I love sleep face masks and loved the Belif Aqua Bomb moisturizer a few months ago. So, I don’t think the sleep mask version of the moisturizer is going to let me down.
- CeraVe Renewing SA Face Cleanser – Over the past few days, I’ve been hearing wave reviews about this cleanser. I guess I’m late to the party, because it’s been sold out everywhere. That just makes me want to try it even more.
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker – It’s getting to hot for hot coffee, for me. I feel like I should’ve been had a cold brew coffee maker, but better late than never. Plus, this one is only $25, which sounds like a steal.
- Knee Sleeves – I started to sporadically do weight training at home. Unfortunately, my knees aren’t too happy when I do weighted squats. Neither am I. However, I think these knee sleeves will help us feel a little better about this latest decision of mine.
What’s one item you’re wanting this month? Share below.