LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
Happy March! My apologies for the tardiness, because I had every intention of posting this last week. However, the days would not ease up on me and I couldn’t keep up. Like they say, ‘”better late than never” and that’s the sword I’m falling on today.
Although I had plenty of hope for February, it was a flappity flop of a mess. So, I’m hoping March can come in here and act right, which it has been so far. Last month, despite it being the shortest month of the year, felt like the longest. Work was bonkers, trying to get some normalcy to my life was a fail, and then there was week of snowstorms right in the middle. Needless to say, I’m not looking back on last month, but I’m so grateful to see this month.
Since I barely survived February with my mental health still in tact, I’m dedicating March to getting right with myself. I’m focusing on things that bring me peace and (temporarily) putting some things to the side while I get me together. I just want to be a better me for me and I have no excuse as to why I can’t. So, that’s what I’m doing this month.
As for the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List, they’re mostly things to make me and my new apartment cute and ready and ready for spring. I want everything!
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
- Good American Easy Denim Shirt – I feel every closet needs a easy denim shirt and this one looks and sounds perfect – even the name.
- Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Serum – Recently, I started using the toner from this Glow Recipe line, because I love a good hydrating toner. I heard and saw that the toner combined with this serum makes your skin look all dewy and glowy. So, I need to find out for myself.
- Nespresso Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – My Keurig didn’t survive my recent move. Devastating, but this coffee maker and espresso machine hybrid would make me feel so much better.
- Steve Madden Tan Platform Wide Strap Sandals – A new, cute pair of platform tan sandals is my favorite way to spruce my wardrobe into spring mode. The only con to these is the wait time.
- Target x Levi’s Aged Cooper Bar Cart – The new Target x Levi’s collection just dropped and I’m in love, especially with this wood and cooper bar cart. So, chic and would look perfect in my new apartment. I wish I could see it in-store first, but I really want to buy it today.
Recently, on Instagram, I shared a shot of my sage smudge stick one morning. Usually, I would smudge my home every now and then, but mainly after a life event. However, for the past couple of months, I’ve been doing sage smudging every day; usually first thing in the morning. It’s one of my favorite parts of my morning routine; maybe better than coffee.
I think sage sticks and smudging can get such a “hippie” label, but I think that’s unfair. Keep reading to find out the main reason I try to smudge.
It’s only been a couple of months since I’ve moved, but I’m getting more settled in each day. However, before I could even move, I had to makes some decisions like bedroom numbers, learning about rehoming pets, and no less than pinning hundreds of thousands of sofas on Pinterest.
Of course, with any move, there are some major decisions you have to make before moving. For me, there were 3 main things that I had to decide. I shared these three key factors, so keep reading.
I’ve only been living in my new place for a little over a month and barely have any furniture. Aside from furniture, I also need a to get few more appliances as well, including a coffee maker. However, one kitchen appliance that I don’t plan on getting anytime soon is a microwave. This is the first time in my whole life that I’ve lived in a home without a microwave. Despite being sans access to a microwave for the first time in decades, I’ve discovered some benefits of not owning a microwave.
Yes, there are some benefits of having this somewhat kitchen staple and some of them are really good reasons. Keep reading to find out these benefits.