Yes, we made it to 2017! Actually, I feel like we should be super happy that we survived 2016. Wow. That’s the only word that I feel can justify last year. Although 2016 was quite a crap-filled year, I did have some good takeaways.
The main thing that I learned in 2016 was the act of discipline. I was able to stay committed to projects that in yesteryears I would’ve quit as soon as it got a little difficult and/or I came up with another idea. The lack of dedication and discipline has plagued me most of my life. So, I’m ready to use this new tool from here on out.
In 2017, I’m going to remove fear from my path and keep going until I can’t go anymore. I’m going to learn to stay focused on one thing at a time. I’ve been multi-tasking my whole life, which has led to more unfinished products than finished. So, I’m picking and sticking to one thing at a time. It’s going to be a challenge, but that’s what I need.
One thing that I know I have to do in order to get to where I would like to be is to make my presence known. I’m a firm believer that you have to do more to get more, especially in life. So, I have to do more, which includes putting myself out there more. I’m already cringing at the thought of me having to do this, but it has to be done.
In the end, I’m anxious to see what 2017 has in store for me and what I have in store for it, too.
Happy Holidays! Well, let me address some things first. You might notice that some of my recent posts are missing; last-minute gift ideas and my favorite beauty products of 2016. Yesterday, while getting server and hosting issues squared away before the new year, all my content got deleted. So, after paying an insane amount of money to recover my content, some posts and comments didn’t survive. Yesterday was mad stressful, but everything is good now. I will rewrite and repost my favorite beauty products in the new year.
If I had to pick one word to describe 2016, it would be “interesting”, because it was all over the place. Personally, I had a great year filled with great relationships, growth in my finances, and clarity of my dreams. However, everything that was going on in the world was depressing, but I’m not going to dwell on that.
In the meantime, I’m going to take the rest of the year off from blogging and work. My mind and body need a deep tissue rubdown and break. However, I do have a few things I plan to take advantage of during my break.
- Read Books – I really fell back in love with reading in 2016. Although I did read quite a few books, I still have some waiting for me to finish.
- Meditate – I used to meditate daily, but I’ve fallen off that wagon. I’ve only been meditating when I feel stressed and/or overwhelmed, which is good. However, I want to end this year with a clear mind and rested spirit.
- Purge – I need to make room in my life and spaces and the best way to do this is by purging. So, I’m going to get rid of clothes and make-up I don’t wear anymore and do a digital detox of my social media accounts and newsletters, which I’m long overdue.
- Plan – For a couple of years, I’ve been wanting to create a website that’s for Memphis and surrounding areas. One day last week, I woke up with an idea and name. Surprisingly, the domain name was available and I snatched it up immediately. So, I’m going to dedicate a day to laying it out on paper before I start setting up the physical site. Can’t lie, I’m kind of excited about this new endeavor.
- Schedule – In 2016, I finally learned how to properly schedule my day in order to increase my productivity. I said “bye-bye” to planners and agendas and praise danced my way over to the power of bullet journaling. Okay, I guess I’m going to be doing a little work, because I’m going to try and plan out all my content for the next month. I tend to do a block scheduling here and there, but this is going to be my challenge.
I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays and see you next year!
I just wanted to stop by to say wish you happy Thanksgiving! Personally, I have a lot to be thankful for this year. Actually, ever year, I feel I gain more things to be thankful, including supportive family and friends and fulfilled needs.
I’m taking the rest of the week off, but I will be back in full blogging mode on Monday. On Monday, I’m going to announce all of Stained Couture’s Holiday Shopping Guide 2016. I love putting together these guides and can’t wait to share them with you. For now, I’m going to enjoy just nothing for the next few days.
In the meantime, feel free to check out some previous posts until Monday. I hope your day is filled with multiple helpings of your favorite foods, belly aching laughs with your family and friends, and more blessings.
Thirty-five years ago, a G was born and that G is me. Today is my birthday! As usual, I’m very happy to arrive at another year and I’m proud and happy to say that I turn 35 today. Man, time flies when you’re not paying attention.
First off, let me know say, I’m not one of those people that make a big spectacle out of their birthday, I can even recall a couple of years when I forgot that it was my birthday until someone called to wish me happy day. Yep. I’m that person. However, I’m am one that loves and appreciates life. I acknowledge how blessed I am that I get to see another year with no pressing health issues or stressful issues. #SoBlessed
When it comes to reflecting and assessing my life and upcoming year, like most people, I do that on January 1st. However, I think I want to start doing some type of assessment on my birthday, as well. I want to use my birthday as a check-in/ progress report. I feel like I’ve been coasting for the past 34 years, but I’m ready to increase the speed and I’m ready for any turbulence that I might experience along way.
It’s hard to believe that the first day of fall is tomorrow. Maybe it’s hard to believe because the weather has been very stubborn about giving us any type of cool weather. However, my yard is slowly getting filled with fallen leaves and my car has condensation on it every morning, which are clear indications that fall is here. When every season changes, my morning routine seems to follow suit and I’ve already adapted to a fall morning routine. So, thought I would share it with you this morning.