For the past couple of months, I’ve been experiencing some lower back pain. This was the ultimate tell-tale sign that I need to buy a new mattress. Other than car shopping, I hate mattress shopping. I don’t care if everyone else is doing it, bouncing around on various mattresses in a soft lit showroom is awkward. Yet, for the sake of my health, I have to buy a new mattress. Luckily, thanks to online mattress companies mattress shopping is not as stressful as it used to be for me. Since I’m buying a new mattress, I decided to also look into ways to refresh my whole bedroom. I’ve been pondering and pinning some ideas on how I’m looking to refresh my bedroom. If you’re also looking to refresh your bedroom for spring, this post is for you.
Starting today, I’m off of work until Monday. So, today is going to be a perfect day to really go ahead and start revamping my space for spring.
Books have always been a love of mine, even when I stopped reading as much as I used to read. However, I always have a book within reach. For example, I usually have between 4-5 different books on my nightstand. Some of these books are books I’m currently reading, next in line to read, and books that I read for moments of motivation. So, I decided to share my current nightstand books.
The book I’m currently reading and almost done with is the Anti 9-5 Guide: Practical Career Advice for Women Who Think Out The Cube. That’s such a long title for a small book. I’ve been slowly reading this book for the past few months. However, don’t let that deter you from thinking that this book sucks, because it’s pretty good. It gives straight the point tips and ideas on how you can break away from you everyday 9-5 job. This book is loaded with advice from different women who have been able to break out away from the cubicle life. I only have a couple of chapters left, but I think I’m actually going to try to finish this up by this weekend.
I spent some of this past weekend chipping away at my spring cleaning list and decided to in my bedroom, because that is where I spend most of my time. The one area in my bedroom that has been accumulating the most clutter is my desk area. However, I haven’t been doing much work in that space. It’s becoming to be a catchall for mail and other items without a home. Therefore, I’ve decided to turn it back to a makeup and vanity area. For inspiration, I’ve become obsessed with looking for pictures of vanity areas for inspiration.
Therefore, I spent an insane amount of time this weekend fawning over organized makeup and vanity areas. Also, this weekend, I purged quite of bit of makeup from my collection. If it was a product I haven’t used in a year or if I don’t see myself wearing it anytime soon, it was tossed. So, my collection is pretty small, but perfect curated for me. Now, I just need to create a vanity areas to use my makeup.
Yes, we made it to 2017! Actually, I feel like we should be super happy that we survived 2016. Wow. That’s the only word that I feel can justify last year. Although 2016 was quite a crap-filled year, I did have some good takeaways.
The main thing that I learned in 2016 was the act of discipline. I was able to stay committed to projects that in yesteryears I would’ve quit as soon as it got a little difficult and/or I came up with another idea. The lack of dedication and discipline has plagued me most of my life. So, I’m ready to use this new tool from here on out.
In 2017, I’m going to remove fear from my path and keep going until I can’t go anymore. I’m going to learn to stay focused on one thing at a time. I’ve been multi-tasking my whole life, which has led to more unfinished products than finished. So, I’m picking and sticking to one thing at a time. It’s going to be a challenge, but that’s what I need.
One thing that I know I have to do in order to get to where I would like to be is to make my presence known. I’m a firm believer that you have to do more to get more, especially in life. So, I have to do more, which includes putting myself out there more. I’m already cringing at the thought of me having to do this, but it has to be done.
In the end, I’m anxious to see what 2017 has in store for me and what I have in store for it, too.
Happy Holidays! Well, let me address some things first. You might notice that some of my recent posts are missing; last-minute gift ideas and my favorite beauty products of 2016. Yesterday, while getting server and hosting issues squared away before the new year, all my content got deleted. So, after paying an insane amount of money to recover my content, some posts and comments didn’t survive. Yesterday was mad stressful, but everything is good now. I will rewrite and repost my favorite beauty products in the new year.
If I had to pick one word to describe 2016, it would be “interesting”, because it was all over the place. Personally, I had a great year filled with great relationships, growth in my finances, and clarity of my dreams. However, everything that was going on in the world was depressing, but I’m not going to dwell on that.
In the meantime, I’m going to take the rest of the year off from blogging and work. My mind and body need a deep tissue rubdown and break. However, I do have a few things I plan to take advantage of during my break.
- Read Books – I really fell back in love with reading in 2016. Although I did read quite a few books, I still have some waiting for me to finish.
- Meditate – I used to meditate daily, but I’ve fallen off that wagon. I’ve only been meditating when I feel stressed and/or overwhelmed, which is good. However, I want to end this year with a clear mind and rested spirit.
- Purge – I need to make room in my life and spaces and the best way to do this is by purging. So, I’m going to get rid of clothes and make-up I don’t wear anymore and do a digital detox of my social media accounts and newsletters, which I’m long overdue.
- Plan – For a couple of years, I’ve been wanting to create a website that’s for Memphis and surrounding areas. One day last week, I woke up with an idea and name. Surprisingly, the domain name was available and I snatched it up immediately. So, I’m going to dedicate a day to laying it out on paper before I start setting up the physical site. Can’t lie, I’m kind of excited about this new endeavor.
- Schedule – In 2016, I finally learned how to properly schedule my day in order to increase my productivity. I said “bye-bye” to planners and agendas and praise danced my way over to the power of bullet journaling. Okay, I guess I’m going to be doing a little work, because I’m going to try and plan out all my content for the next month. I tend to do a block scheduling here and there, but this is going to be my challenge.
I hope you all have a safe and happy holidays and see you next year!