LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
My favorite season is Fall, which I tell people as much as possible. I love almost everything about fall – chilly weather, warm beverages, and my birthday. However, I feel like the thing I enjoy most about fall is the style – fashion and home. Fall style is so effortless chic to me, which is the aesthetic I wish I could nail. Even though it’s not technically fall, I’m still not prepared for the Fall 2020 style vibes.
It has been irking me, because I see all the cute cozy clothes starting to come out. Plus, the perfect pair of boots and lightweight jackets, but I don’t feel the giddy feelings I usually feel around this time. So, I’ve decided to share a bunch of Fall 2020 style inspiration to hopefully get me – US – into the swing of things.
For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been carrying 2 days to work – my everyday shoulder bag and a canvas tote from a blogger event. My purse carries my daily necessities, which includes keys, phone, wallet and makeup bag – to name a few. The tote catches everything else, such as planner, umbrella(if needed), and lunch. However, I’ve come to the realization that this doesn’t have to be my norm. I can totally find a new work bag that can carry the contents of both bags.
Not to mention, I’m really into moments when I have a justifiable reason to shop for new purse. So, if you’re looking for a new roomy purse for work or every day, keep reading to see my picks.
One of my favorite bags I’ve ever owned is a clear tote bag that I got from Baker Shoes back when I was in the 9th grade. It was just a simple clear final tote; no zippers, closures, or details. Despite the fact that it was so basic, I got so many compliments on it. I got that bag back in the spring of 1996 and 22 years later, clear purses and bags are back.
I recently fell down a rabbit hole of scouting possible purse contenders for fall. However, I couldn’t get over all the clear and semi-clear purse options out there. Also, they will be clutch for football season, since you have to have clear bags when entering stadiums. Now I’m wondering should I get a clear bag for fall. We’ll see, but check out some of my favorite clear bags as I try to remember what happened to my clear tote from 22 years ago.
Summer isn’t over, yet. We still have another month or so before we can officially welcome fall. However, now that the weather is trying to cool down and kids are back in school, it might as well be fall. I’m not going to miss much about summer, because it was hot and stressful. However, one thing I will miss is the bag I carried for most of the summer, which is also my favorite thing I bought recently. Although it wasn’t big, you wouldn’t believe all things that I would have in my bag at any given time.
The bag I carried most of the summer is round straw bag by Hat Attack. When I saw it online, I thought it was white with silver detail. However, it’s actually a really light gray with silver straw. I love it and I’ve gotten so many compliments on it. However, keep reading for all the details on what’s been lurking in my bag all summer.