LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
How has April been treating you so far? Mines has been pretty good – despite having to pay taxes for the first time in years and still waiting on my third stimmy. *insert eyeroll*
However, my new place is starting to actually look and feel like my new home. I bought a couple chic looking counter stools AND I finally found a new sofa. After seeing that everyone’s shipping time was 8-19 weeks, I came up with the idea to try one of the furniture outlets here in Memphis. I was able to find and pounce on a nice roomy sofa in a perfect blue steel color. I need to fix a slight issue with a bent beam, but I only got it for $175 – a steal.
Aside from the furniture, I’ve also started to hang some things on the wall, such as my diplomas. I’m really starting to see it come together and I’m so excited. However, since I’ve been trying to find and buy home decor, I haven’t really bought any new clothes, accessories, or beauty products. So, I might have to pick up some new things this month and call it self-care.
So, check out the items I’m wanting this month in my Lust-Have list for April.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2021
- Topicals FADED brightening and clearing gel – I’ve been hearing so much about this black-owned skincare line and have been dying to try this brightening serum. However, it keeps selling out on Sephora, but I’m probably just going to go ahead and order it elsewhere. Me and these new dark spots have got to get this.
- Woven Crossbody Box Bag – While moving, I found my circular woven bag from a few summers ago, which I loved. So, I think I need a small box option – loving both colors of this one from Zara.
- Cast Iron Patio Bistro Set – Now that my living room has finally started accumulating furniture, my balcony needs some seating options. Of course, I will probably get a couple of basic chairs at first. However, this cast iron bistro set is the ultimate goal. I love the turquoise option, but the classic black is forever.
- Embellished Slide Sandals – Every time that I was ready to buy a pair of sandals these past couple of weeks, a cold front would come through. I think we’re done with those and I’m ready to acquire these gem embellished slides by Steve Madden. Not confident if me and my high instep can easily slide them on, but I’m willing to find out.
- Wide Leg High Waisted Leopard Print Pants – I’m so over my wardrobe, because it’s mostly sweatpants and shirts that don’t go with sweatpants. So, I’m trying to cop and anything that doesn’t have a elastic at the ankle and a tie waist. These pants from ASOS have the vibe and look I’m aspiring to have this spring and summer – wild, but responsible.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
Happy March! My apologies for the tardiness, because I had every intention of posting this last week. However, the days would not ease up on me and I couldn’t keep up. Like they say, ‘”better late than never” and that’s the sword I’m falling on today.
Although I had plenty of hope for February, it was a flappity flop of a mess. So, I’m hoping March can come in here and act right, which it has been so far. Last month, despite it being the shortest month of the year, felt like the longest. Work was bonkers, trying to get some normalcy to my life was a fail, and then there was week of snowstorms right in the middle. Needless to say, I’m not looking back on last month, but I’m so grateful to see this month.
Since I barely survived February with my mental health still in tact, I’m dedicating March to getting right with myself. I’m focusing on things that bring me peace and (temporarily) putting some things to the side while I get me together. I just want to be a better me for me and I have no excuse as to why I can’t. So, that’s what I’m doing this month.
As for the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List, they’re mostly things to make me and my new apartment cute and ready and ready for spring. I want everything!
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
- Good American Easy Denim Shirt – I feel every closet needs a easy denim shirt and this one looks and sounds perfect – even the name.
- Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Serum – Recently, I started using the toner from this Glow Recipe line, because I love a good hydrating toner. I heard and saw that the toner combined with this serum makes your skin look all dewy and glowy. So, I need to find out for myself.
- Nespresso Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – My Keurig didn’t survive my recent move. Devastating, but this coffee maker and espresso machine hybrid would make me feel so much better.
- Steve Madden Tan Platform Wide Strap Sandals – A new, cute pair of platform tan sandals is my favorite way to spruce my wardrobe into spring mode. The only con to these is the wait time.
- Target x Levi’s Aged Cooper Bar Cart – The new Target x Levi’s collection just dropped and I’m in love, especially with this wood and cooper bar cart. So, chic and would look perfect in my new apartment. I wish I could see it in-store first, but I really want to buy it today.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
Happy February and Black History Month! I know this month’s Lust-Have List is little later than usual, but I’ve been really busy. Aside from trying to actually start the process of moving in less than 2 weeks, I’ve been trying to fight off a cold. As soon as I start to feel “sicky”, I break out the OTC meds, sip tea, and rest. Thankfully, it appears to be working, aside from having some slight fatigue and itchy throat for part of yesterday. No, it wasn’t ‘Rona, but I’m feeling about 90% myself.
As I mention, my move is right around the corner. I’ve started to collect boxes and paid my final rent for the place I’m at now – felt good to send them that final prorated payment. Now, I need to work on getting the big stuff done, which includes finding a mover and scheduling to have my utilities switched over. I forgot how much I hate moving. Hopefully, I will be at my new place for a minute.
Since I’m pretty much starting over with new furniture and décor, I made a concerted effort to not include any of that stuff in my Lust-Have List for February. However, I pretty sure I need all the things that I did mention, too.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
- Lemonade Smoothing Scrub – I haven’t been exfoliating my skin as much as I should and it’s starting to show. I’ve been seeing this new facial scrub from Ole Henriksen all over social media. Although, I’m not one to fall for products are paid to promote, I’ve had some good experiences with Ole Henriksen products in the past. So, I’m down to give this one a try.
- Initial Oversize Hoodie – In case you are new around here, I love anything with my initials and oversized. So, this hoodie from Good American is speaking my language. According to Punxsutawney Phil, we still have a few more weeks of winter left and to wear hoodies.
- Apple Watch Gold Mesh Band – My apple watch is becoming more clutch in my life and she deserves to look appreciated. I think I’m sold on adding a gold mesh band and I spotted this one online for less than $50. Might be my Valentine’s day gift to myself.
- Pattern Beauty Styling Cream – Currently, I’ve been wearing my hair naturally curly to help strengthen it while it grows. A couple of weeks a go, I picked up the travel version of the Pattern Beauty Styling Cream. This cream is so good! It’s not heavy and moisturizes and softens my curls, So, I have to get the bigger jar, which I might do this weekend.
- Pink Miracle Sneaker Cleaner – Last year, during the lockdown, I restarted my love of collecting sneakers. However, now that I wear them more, I need to get a good sneaker cleaner. I’ve heard and seen nothing but good things about this one. Plus, it comes with a brush for deep cleaning.
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
Happy New Year! I know nothing has really changed from 2020, but 2021 still feels like a breath of fresh air. For most of the year, I stayed pretty calm, bu cautious. However, last month almost took me out, but I’ll share more of that on another day.
I’m trying to cut back on spending, but not as a typical “New Year Resolution” thing. Instead, I have a lot of things I’m working on that will be easier to do if I stop spending money like I sell dope. So, I’m actively trying to cut back on frivolous spending. Actually, as part of my church’s yearly 21-day fast, I’m going to fast off of unnecessary spending. It’s starts next Monday, which means I have a week to buy everything I “need” for the next 21 days. It’s a challenge I’m ready to take on.
The items in the January 2021 Lust-Have List is a perfect blend of needs, wants, pricey, and affordable options. Peep my wants for January 2021.
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
- Sherpa Trucker Jacket – Winter weather has been pretty hit and miss this year. There have been days when a heavy hoodie or jacket sufficed. This sherpa trucker jacket from Levi’s would be a great option. There was an option with a darker rinse, but this light rinse is just as perfect.
- Pro Shine Pigment Liquid Lip Shine – I recently discovered these longwear liquid lipsticks existed. They seem similar to a Avon’s liquid lipstick, but this one has way more color options and affordable. Unfortunately, they are sold out almost everywhere, but my local Ultas appear to have some left.
- ALT Perfumes Baccarat Inspired Perfume – Baccarat perfume smells so luxe with the price tag to prove it. However, I hear this smells exactly like it at a super affordable price. So, I need to find out.
- Our Place Always Pan – For Christmas, I asked for and received a cast iron skillet and dutch oven. I feel like this multi-purpose pan from Out Place can do everything else that I would need for those days when I decide to cook.
- Faux Snake Skin Mules – I can honest say that I spent most of last month wearing sweatpants and sneakers. Not mad about it, but I would like to remind people who still see me regularly that I can other options. These faux snake skin mules would be a nice entry back into heeled shoes.
Lust-Have List: December 2020
It’s December, which means 2020 is finally coming to the end. Although this memorable – good and bad – year is finally ending, it doesn’t mean that it’s taking all the “bad” with it. The past few days, I’ve been seeing memes saying that 2020 helped us appreciate the things that we have. Even the message in church this weekend was about how 2020 was a good year for many some people.
So, although we’re still going through some turbulent and unsettling times, I’m focusing more on the good. My family and myself was blessed to not get affected by the pandemic, except for not being able to see each other as much as we used to. However, still being mindful and concerned that others haven’t been as fortunate.
I don’t really want much this month – I’ve massively cut back on my unnecessary spending. So, I’ve been leaning toward basics that I can switch around and get plenty of wear. Mindful spending is my new wave.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2020
- Chunky Sole White Faux Croc Booties – I still don’t own a pair of white boots, because I didn’t feel they fit into my usual vibes. However, these chunky sole ones are doing it for me. The right mix of casual and edginess.
- Long Shearling Plus Size Coat – After years of not wanting a long coat, because they are uncomfortable to drive in, I’ve change my mind. Loving this shearling one from ASOS, because it looks cozy and lightweight.
- Scrunchie Apple Watch Band – I recently jumped further into the Apple pond and bought my first Apple Watch. I mostly bought it to help track my activity throughout the day. However, I’m also enjoying all the ways you can customize it. For instance, this scrunchie watchband with matching scrunchie is interesting and functional.
- Nude Acetate Sunglasses – Another item I never got around to buying is a cute pair of nude sunglasses. Feeling these textured ones from Dezi. A vibe.
- Large Snake Embossed Leather Tote – Despite that I mostly lean toward nude shades, a bright accessory grabs my attention every now and then. The latest culprit is this multi-color beaut. It’s roomy, structured, and colorful enough to go most everyday casual looks. Will definitely get my money’s worth.