LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
Happy New Year! I know nothing has really changed from 2020, but 2021 still feels like a breath of fresh air. For most of the year, I stayed pretty calm, bu cautious. However, last month almost took me out, but I’ll share more of that on another day.
I’m trying to cut back on spending, but not as a typical “New Year Resolution” thing. Instead, I have a lot of things I’m working on that will be easier to do if I stop spending money like I sell dope. So, I’m actively trying to cut back on frivolous spending. Actually, as part of my church’s yearly 21-day fast, I’m going to fast off of unnecessary spending. It’s starts next Monday, which means I have a week to buy everything I “need” for the next 21 days. It’s a challenge I’m ready to take on.
The items in the January 2021 Lust-Have List is a perfect blend of needs, wants, pricey, and affordable options. Peep my wants for January 2021.
LUST-HAVE LIST: January 2021
- Sherpa Trucker Jacket – Winter weather has been pretty hit and miss this year. There have been days when a heavy hoodie or jacket sufficed. This sherpa trucker jacket from Levi’s would be a great option. There was an option with a darker rinse, but this light rinse is just as perfect.
- Pro Shine Pigment Liquid Lip Shine – I recently discovered these longwear liquid lipsticks existed. They seem similar to a Avon’s liquid lipstick, but this one has way more color options and affordable. Unfortunately, they are sold out almost everywhere, but my local Ultas appear to have some left.
- ALT Perfumes Baccarat Inspired Perfume – Baccarat perfume smells so luxe with the price tag to prove it. However, I hear this smells exactly like it at a super affordable price. So, I need to find out.
- Our Place Always Pan – For Christmas, I asked for and received a cast iron skillet and dutch oven. I feel like this multi-purpose pan from Out Place can do everything else that I would need for those days when I decide to cook.
- Faux Snake Skin Mules – I can honest say that I spent most of last month wearing sweatpants and sneakers. Not mad about it, but I would like to remind people who still see me regularly that I can other options. These faux snake skin mules would be a nice entry back into heeled shoes.
Lust-Have List: December 2020
It’s December, which means 2020 is finally coming to the end. Although this memorable – good and bad – year is finally ending, it doesn’t mean that it’s taking all the “bad” with it. The past few days, I’ve been seeing memes saying that 2020 helped us appreciate the things that we have. Even the message in church this weekend was about how 2020 was a good year for many some people.
So, although we’re still going through some turbulent and unsettling times, I’m focusing more on the good. My family and myself was blessed to not get affected by the pandemic, except for not being able to see each other as much as we used to. However, still being mindful and concerned that others haven’t been as fortunate.
I don’t really want much this month – I’ve massively cut back on my unnecessary spending. So, I’ve been leaning toward basics that I can switch around and get plenty of wear. Mindful spending is my new wave.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2020
- Chunky Sole White Faux Croc Booties – I still don’t own a pair of white boots, because I didn’t feel they fit into my usual vibes. However, these chunky sole ones are doing it for me. The right mix of casual and edginess.
- Long Shearling Plus Size Coat – After years of not wanting a long coat, because they are uncomfortable to drive in, I’ve change my mind. Loving this shearling one from ASOS, because it looks cozy and lightweight.
- Scrunchie Apple Watch Band – I recently jumped further into the Apple pond and bought my first Apple Watch. I mostly bought it to help track my activity throughout the day. However, I’m also enjoying all the ways you can customize it. For instance, this scrunchie watchband with matching scrunchie is interesting and functional.
- Nude Acetate Sunglasses – Another item I never got around to buying is a cute pair of nude sunglasses. Feeling these textured ones from Dezi. A vibe.
- Large Snake Embossed Leather Tote – Despite that I mostly lean toward nude shades, a bright accessory grabs my attention every now and then. The latest culprit is this multi-color beaut. It’s roomy, structured, and colorful enough to go most everyday casual looks. Will definitely get my money’s worth.
Lust-Have List: November 2020
After 2 long years, it looks like 2020 is finally wrapping up. There have been more than a few occasions when I mention something happened last year. However, it had only happened a few months ago, which means I don’t know if something happened this year or last year. Hopefully, this year will end on a good and optimistic note – it can’t get any worse. *shrugs*
Now that Halloween is over, it’s officially – according to social media – Christmas season. Although I don’t really decorate for Christmas, I love to see house decorated and littered with Christmas cheer. I have a feeling that a lot more people are going to get in the holiday spirit this year and I don’t mind.
Every year I do holiday gift guides, but I’m not sure if I’m going to this year. It doesn’t feel right with the current climate. If I do, they will affordable and all under a certain price. Still playing it by ear. In the meantime, here are few items I want/need for this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: November 2020
- Dispora Face Masks – Initially, I vowed to only stick with all black face masks. However, now I want them in various prints and colors. I love these dispora printed mask – all of them.
- Grape Water Spray – The temps are dipping, which means my skin needs extra hydration. Face sprays are really good at doing this. I’m fancying this fancy grape water spray from Caudalie.
- Oversize Plus Size Tie Dyed Sweatshirt – Tie dye was huger during the lock down – I attempted to tie-dye some tees. I’m not ready to let the trend of dye die. An oversize tie dye sweatshirt? All the yeses.
- Fluffy Faux Fur Slippers – Another trend during the lock down was everyone ordering fluffy slippers from Amazon. I didn’t bite it, but I’m ready for them now. Loving the extra fluffiness of these.
- Cast Iron Skillet – I need a cast iron skillet. Initially, I was going to ask for one for Christmas, but think I’ll just go ahead and get it myself. This is just the right size and quite affordable.
Lust-Have List: October 2020
Can you believe it’s October and we’ve been in 2020 for 35 months already? Wow.
Unfortunately, we’re still going through a pandemic, despite people sharing IG stories with them in packed clubs of maskless people. Still, I’m so glad fall is finally hear and I’m starting to feel a little festive. The local pumpkin patches are opening up this weekend and I’m already planning some fall excursions. Fall is my aesthetic and I can’t wait to be all up in it. Bring on the pumpkins, Halloween movies, and chilly weather.
The cherry on top of this season is to add the items from my Lust-Have List for this month. 😀
LUST-HAVE LIST: October 2020
- Gold Vermeil Box Chain Bracelet – I want a stack of thin gold bracelets that I never have to worry about taking off. Starting with this vermeil box chain bracelet is a perfect starting point.
- Casamigas Cocktail Kit – Coronavirus really put a damper on patio season this year. I did not meet my person quota for margaritas on a patio this summer. I would love to make it up to myself with some this cocktail set by my new favorite tequila brand; Casamigas. This is exclusive to William-Sonoma and I need it – it comes with rim salt!
- Maison Louis Marie No 5 Perfume Oil – I smelled a sample of this perfume oil the other day and made a bee line to Sephora to get, because it smelled that good. However, they were sold out and now I have to order it. I’m a sucker for clean scents.
- Oversize Plaid Boyfriend Mini Skirt Dress – Me, in this oversized checker print mini shirt dress paired with black leggings and combat boots is living rent free in my head.
- adidas Casual Running Shoes – Starting tomorrow, one of my best friends and I are going to start going walking together a few times a week. Over the last couple of years, I’ve drastically improved my eating and I started to do some weight training recently. So, once I add cardio to this lifestyle change, it’s going to be over for y’all. Yeah, so I need some new tennis shoes to walk in and these will do.
LUST-HAVE LIST: September 2020
It’s September, which is also my birthday month (September 26th)! Usually, I’m not one of those people that make a big deal about their birthday. However, at the beginning of this year, I noticed that my birthday fell on a Saturday. For some weird reason, seeing that made me decided to become one of those weird people that celebrate the whole month of their birthday. Who am I?!?!
I will admit that due to the current state of the world, specifically the US, I would deter from that thought. However, this morning, I decide to still do it. I mean, why not? After this year, we should all be celebrating every day that we get to see. So, I’m ready to take on this month and enjoy every thing that comes with it.
As usual, my September Lust-Have List is pretty much my birthday wishlist. So, please reading to see what I want for my birthday, pretty much. *shrugs*
LUST-HAVE LIST: September 2020
- Plus Size Peasant Dress Tunic – It’s almost fall and I’m ready for all the fun fall prints. This peasant tunic style dress is hitting all the things I look for in printed dress for fall.
- Micro-Stroking Detailing Brow Pen – A couple of months ago, I shared a dual-end brow pen that had an ink tip for hair-like swipes. Loved it. Anastasia Beverly Hills has one that’s just the ink tip. I need to try this ASAP!
- Faux Pink Snakeskin Mules – A faux snakeskin mule in a neutral shade of pink that will pop with most fall basics? Why, yes I do want a pair. Size 9.5, please!
- Mix Calf Hair Sneakers – I spent quite a few mornings and money trying to acquire new drops on the SNKR app. I got a couple of wants, but I do need a “cutesy” pair. I think these from Madewell will look perfect with some fitted trousers and oversized sweater looks.
- Double-chained Huggie Earrings – I have 2 piercings in each ear, which I’ve been contemplating adding another one. However, I’m getting a little bored with my everyday pairing of my solid gold initial earrings and mini bars. I would love to add this huggie to one of my ears to add a little edge. Actually, it’s making me want to get a third piercing even more.