Lust-Have List: October 2020
Can you believe it’s October and we’ve been in 2020 for 35 months already? Wow.
Unfortunately, we’re still going through a pandemic, despite people sharing IG stories with them in packed clubs of maskless people. Still, I’m so glad fall is finally hear and I’m starting to feel a little festive. The local pumpkin patches are opening up this weekend and I’m already planning some fall excursions. Fall is my aesthetic and I can’t wait to be all up in it. Bring on the pumpkins, Halloween movies, and chilly weather.
The cherry on top of this season is to add the items from my Lust-Have List for this month. 😀
LUST-HAVE LIST: October 2020
- Gold Vermeil Box Chain Bracelet – I want a stack of thin gold bracelets that I never have to worry about taking off. Starting with this vermeil box chain bracelet is a perfect starting point.
- Casamigas Cocktail Kit – Coronavirus really put a damper on patio season this year. I did not meet my person quota for margaritas on a patio this summer. I would love to make it up to myself with some this cocktail set by my new favorite tequila brand; Casamigas. This is exclusive to William-Sonoma and I need it – it comes with rim salt!
- Maison Louis Marie No 5 Perfume Oil – I smelled a sample of this perfume oil the other day and made a bee line to Sephora to get, because it smelled that good. However, they were sold out and now I have to order it. I’m a sucker for clean scents.
- Oversize Plaid Boyfriend Mini Skirt Dress – Me, in this oversized checker print mini shirt dress paired with black leggings and combat boots is living rent free in my head.
- adidas Casual Running Shoes – Starting tomorrow, one of my best friends and I are going to start going walking together a few times a week. Over the last couple of years, I’ve drastically improved my eating and I started to do some weight training recently. So, once I add cardio to this lifestyle change, it’s going to be over for y’all. Yeah, so I need some new tennis shoes to walk in and these will do.
LUST-HAVE LIST: September 2020
It’s September, which is also my birthday month (September 26th)! Usually, I’m not one of those people that make a big deal about their birthday. However, at the beginning of this year, I noticed that my birthday fell on a Saturday. For some weird reason, seeing that made me decided to become one of those weird people that celebrate the whole month of their birthday. Who am I?!?!
I will admit that due to the current state of the world, specifically the US, I would deter from that thought. However, this morning, I decide to still do it. I mean, why not? After this year, we should all be celebrating every day that we get to see. So, I’m ready to take on this month and enjoy every thing that comes with it.
As usual, my September Lust-Have List is pretty much my birthday wishlist. So, please reading to see what I want for my birthday, pretty much. *shrugs*
LUST-HAVE LIST: September 2020
- Plus Size Peasant Dress Tunic – It’s almost fall and I’m ready for all the fun fall prints. This peasant tunic style dress is hitting all the things I look for in printed dress for fall.
- Micro-Stroking Detailing Brow Pen – A couple of months ago, I shared a dual-end brow pen that had an ink tip for hair-like swipes. Loved it. Anastasia Beverly Hills has one that’s just the ink tip. I need to try this ASAP!
- Faux Pink Snakeskin Mules – A faux snakeskin mule in a neutral shade of pink that will pop with most fall basics? Why, yes I do want a pair. Size 9.5, please!
- Mix Calf Hair Sneakers – I spent quite a few mornings and money trying to acquire new drops on the SNKR app. I got a couple of wants, but I do need a “cutesy” pair. I think these from Madewell will look perfect with some fitted trousers and oversized sweater looks.
- Double-chained Huggie Earrings – I have 2 piercings in each ear, which I’ve been contemplating adding another one. However, I’m getting a little bored with my everyday pairing of my solid gold initial earrings and mini bars. I would love to add this huggie to one of my ears to add a little edge. Actually, it’s making me want to get a third piercing even more.
Lust-Have List: August 2020
Happy August! Usually, August is one of my favorite months – top 5. The main reason I like August is because it’s totally okay to start getting into fall. Fall is my favorite season. Although, Fall doesn’t begin until September, August is definitely the cocktail party before the main event.
Unfortunately, due to the poop storm that is 2020, it’s taking me a little longer to get into wanting buy fall decor and stalk boots. I know I’ll eventually get into the spirit, but I’m just on a slight delay. As long as I beat Starbucks revealing that PSL (pumpkin spice lattes, in case you don’t speak basic b*Tch) are back, I’ll be okay.
Here’s the small, but important list of things I want to acquire this month. Actually, I think all of these are really attainable…for once.
LUST-HAVE LIST: August 2020
- Bathroom Counter Organizer – This past weekend, I finally put some shelves up in my bathroom to help store my skincare products. They were taking up all of the counter space. I now have space to add a small, but chic organizer for my cotton rounds and swabs. I’m really into this one I spotted over on Amazon and will probably pull the trigger on my next Amazon order in a couple of weeks.
- Full Dense Fan Brush – During one of my nightly binges of TikTok videos, I discovered that I needed a dense fan brush. They are great for applying most powder makeup, including this one from It! Cosmetics for Ulta. I’ve tried a few brushes from this line and feel confident that I would appreciate this one.
- Wooden Wide Tooth Comb – I’ve been doing my best to keep my hair in good shape. Wooden combs are better than plastic one, because they help circulate blood and encourage hair growth. Plus, plastic can sometime snag your hair, which is no bueno por me. This wooden comb is wide tooth and great for curly hair, which I’m known to rock on numerous occasions.
- Radiance Nourishing Body Oil – The current state of the world has made me want to treat myself more. For example, I currently have standing hair and facial appointments – best decision ever. I want to step up my bath and shower routine by adding a nice luxe body oil to the team. Based on the reviews I’ve read, this body oil by BeautyBio sounds amazing. Plus, the ingredients and scents sound like it’s right up my alley. I love body oils, fyi.
- Cooper Bakeware Set – I’ve reached the point of weekend self-quarantine where I want to cook and bake more. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the bakeware I need, but the set from Ayesha Curry has all the basic and then some. Plus, it looks copper, which is apparently my color of the moment. Not mad.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
Well, we made it to July – the beginning of the second half of 2020. Do we consider this the halfway mark of 2020 being over even though we don’t know when this is going to end? At this point, I’m just riding the wave and hope it doesn’t take me under.
I can honestly say that I haven’t been wanting much as of recent. However, there have been a few things recently that has made me want to reach for my wallet. So, here are the items I wouldn’t mind acquiring this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
- Libra Stud Earring – I’ve been wanting to get another piercing, because I only have the basic 2 in each ear. However, I want one in the upper or inner lobe – depends on how much of a baby I am. Still, I want another piercing so I can start wearing cute little studs, like this Libra scales stud. I love anything with my zodiac sign, which makes these a winner.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid Blemish + Blackhead Serum – I had a facial planned for tomorrow, but there was a Covid scare at the clinic last week. Everyone came back negative, but they still cancelled all the appointments for this week for safety reasons. So, I’m left back to trying to maintain my skin as best as I can until I get another appointment. I’ve loved the couple of products I’ve tried from The Inkey List and have high hopes for this serum to help with pores and blackheads.
- White Waterproof Birkenstock – Saw these on someone I follow on IG and instantly knew I wanted them. They are going to look so good with tanned legs and a french tip pedi.
- Tie Dye Nike Socks – I hopped on the tie-dye train late when everyone was tie-dying everything when Corona hit. I’ve been wanting to test the tie-dye waters with a pair of socks and these from Bar Denim are the right level of pigmentation I’ve been wanting.
- 90s Gladiator Chunky Heel Sandal – I wanted these sandals when I was junior high, but in white. So, maybe nostalgia is leading me to buy a pair, but I think I could make them work. They are available in white, too! Options.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
Well, I was very optimistic at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Last week was just an horrible chapter in the horrific book of 2020. The year has been rough and we’re just now making it to the halfway mark. It can only go up from here, right? Right?! Let’s continue to pray healing and strength for everyone while continue to find happiness in ourselves.
I’m in the process of looking to buy a “newer” car, which means that I’ve been cutting back on spending. Yet, I feel like I still need so many things, including the items on this month’s Lust-Have List for June. I thing they are essential…for my happiness. Wow, I think I pulled something with that reach. Anyway, here are the items that I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
- adidas Stell-Lette Slides – I’ve been eyeing some new athletic slides for awhile. I usually get a pair from Nike, but I love the look of these from Stella McCartney’s line with adidas.
- Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask – My skin hasn’t been an plump and hydrated as I know it can be. So, I’ve been trying to add as much moisture back in as I can. I love sleep face masks and loved the Belif Aqua Bomb moisturizer a few months ago. So, I don’t think the sleep mask version of the moisturizer is going to let me down.
- CeraVe Renewing SA Face Cleanser – Over the past few days, I’ve been hearing wave reviews about this cleanser. I guess I’m late to the party, because it’s been sold out everywhere. That just makes me want to try it even more.
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker – It’s getting to hot for hot coffee, for me. I feel like I should’ve been had a cold brew coffee maker, but better late than never. Plus, this one is only $25, which sounds like a steal.
- Knee Sleeves – I started to sporadically do weight training at home. Unfortunately, my knees aren’t too happy when I do weighted squats. Neither am I. However, I think these knee sleeves will help us feel a little better about this latest decision of mine.
What’s one item you’re wanting this month? Share below.