Lust-Have List: August 2020
Happy August! Usually, August is one of my favorite months – top 5. The main reason I like August is because it’s totally okay to start getting into fall. Fall is my favorite season. Although, Fall doesn’t begin until September, August is definitely the cocktail party before the main event.
Unfortunately, due to the poop storm that is 2020, it’s taking me a little longer to get into wanting buy fall decor and stalk boots. I know I’ll eventually get into the spirit, but I’m just on a slight delay. As long as I beat Starbucks revealing that PSL (pumpkin spice lattes, in case you don’t speak basic b*Tch) are back, I’ll be okay.
Here’s the small, but important list of things I want to acquire this month. Actually, I think all of these are really attainable…for once.
LUST-HAVE LIST: August 2020
- Bathroom Counter Organizer – This past weekend, I finally put some shelves up in my bathroom to help store my skincare products. They were taking up all of the counter space. I now have space to add a small, but chic organizer for my cotton rounds and swabs. I’m really into this one I spotted over on Amazon and will probably pull the trigger on my next Amazon order in a couple of weeks.
- Full Dense Fan Brush – During one of my nightly binges of TikTok videos, I discovered that I needed a dense fan brush. They are great for applying most powder makeup, including this one from It! Cosmetics for Ulta. I’ve tried a few brushes from this line and feel confident that I would appreciate this one.
- Wooden Wide Tooth Comb – I’ve been doing my best to keep my hair in good shape. Wooden combs are better than plastic one, because they help circulate blood and encourage hair growth. Plus, plastic can sometime snag your hair, which is no bueno por me. This wooden comb is wide tooth and great for curly hair, which I’m known to rock on numerous occasions.
- Radiance Nourishing Body Oil – The current state of the world has made me want to treat myself more. For example, I currently have standing hair and facial appointments – best decision ever. I want to step up my bath and shower routine by adding a nice luxe body oil to the team. Based on the reviews I’ve read, this body oil by BeautyBio sounds amazing. Plus, the ingredients and scents sound like it’s right up my alley. I love body oils, fyi.
- Cooper Bakeware Set – I’ve reached the point of weekend self-quarantine where I want to cook and bake more. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the bakeware I need, but the set from Ayesha Curry has all the basic and then some. Plus, it looks copper, which is apparently my color of the moment. Not mad.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
Well, we made it to July – the beginning of the second half of 2020. Do we consider this the halfway mark of 2020 being over even though we don’t know when this is going to end? At this point, I’m just riding the wave and hope it doesn’t take me under.
I can honestly say that I haven’t been wanting much as of recent. However, there have been a few things recently that has made me want to reach for my wallet. So, here are the items I wouldn’t mind acquiring this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2020
- Libra Stud Earring – I’ve been wanting to get another piercing, because I only have the basic 2 in each ear. However, I want one in the upper or inner lobe – depends on how much of a baby I am. Still, I want another piercing so I can start wearing cute little studs, like this Libra scales stud. I love anything with my zodiac sign, which makes these a winner.
- Beta Hydroxy Acid Blemish + Blackhead Serum – I had a facial planned for tomorrow, but there was a Covid scare at the clinic last week. Everyone came back negative, but they still cancelled all the appointments for this week for safety reasons. So, I’m left back to trying to maintain my skin as best as I can until I get another appointment. I’ve loved the couple of products I’ve tried from The Inkey List and have high hopes for this serum to help with pores and blackheads.
- White Waterproof Birkenstock – Saw these on someone I follow on IG and instantly knew I wanted them. They are going to look so good with tanned legs and a french tip pedi.
- Tie Dye Nike Socks – I hopped on the tie-dye train late when everyone was tie-dying everything when Corona hit. I’ve been wanting to test the tie-dye waters with a pair of socks and these from Bar Denim are the right level of pigmentation I’ve been wanting.
- 90s Gladiator Chunky Heel Sandal – I wanted these sandals when I was junior high, but in white. So, maybe nostalgia is leading me to buy a pair, but I think I could make them work. They are available in white, too! Options.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
Well, I was very optimistic at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Last week was just an horrible chapter in the horrific book of 2020. The year has been rough and we’re just now making it to the halfway mark. It can only go up from here, right? Right?! Let’s continue to pray healing and strength for everyone while continue to find happiness in ourselves.
I’m in the process of looking to buy a “newer” car, which means that I’ve been cutting back on spending. Yet, I feel like I still need so many things, including the items on this month’s Lust-Have List for June. I thing they are essential…for my happiness. Wow, I think I pulled something with that reach. Anyway, here are the items that I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
- adidas Stell-Lette Slides – I’ve been eyeing some new athletic slides for awhile. I usually get a pair from Nike, but I love the look of these from Stella McCartney’s line with adidas.
- Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask – My skin hasn’t been an plump and hydrated as I know it can be. So, I’ve been trying to add as much moisture back in as I can. I love sleep face masks and loved the Belif Aqua Bomb moisturizer a few months ago. So, I don’t think the sleep mask version of the moisturizer is going to let me down.
- CeraVe Renewing SA Face Cleanser – Over the past few days, I’ve been hearing wave reviews about this cleanser. I guess I’m late to the party, because it’s been sold out everywhere. That just makes me want to try it even more.
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker – It’s getting to hot for hot coffee, for me. I feel like I should’ve been had a cold brew coffee maker, but better late than never. Plus, this one is only $25, which sounds like a steal.
- Knee Sleeves – I started to sporadically do weight training at home. Unfortunately, my knees aren’t too happy when I do weighted squats. Neither am I. However, I think these knee sleeves will help us feel a little better about this latest decision of mine.
What’s one item you’re wanting this month? Share below.
May 2020 Lust-Have List
According to my calendar, it’s May 2020 and I believe it. April was definitely a odd month, because it was blur of confusion and reflection for me. You may have noticed I rarely posted last month, which was hard. However, I needed to take out the pressure creating content and focus that energy on my mental state. I tried post, but the creativity wasn’t flowing and that’s perfectly okay.
Although I’m not sure if or when I’ll pick up a regular blogging schedule, why not start with the May 2020 Lust-Have List.
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2020
- Puff Sleeve Ruffle Hem Wrap Dress – Personally, I don’t think I can own too many dresses. However, I can, because I rarely wear them. Still, when I do, they look very similar to this dress. I live for a cute wrap dress with feminine details.
- Flat Fur Slide Sandal – A cute slide with a simple fur detail? Sign me up. They come in pink, mint, and nude. I want them all, but going to go the safe route.
- Fenty Beauty Daiquiri Dip Cream Blush – Fenty Beauty just released their new cream blushes. I love red blushes and the Daiquiri Dip option looks perfect!
- Pastel Faux Python Tote – I tend to go for pastels more in the spring than summer. Unfortunately,we didn’t get to enjoy spring this year, but the faux python will be make this bag work for summer, too.
- BaubleBar x OMC iPhone Case – I finally made the switch from team Galaxy to team iPhone. Still not getting the hype, but everyone is telling me it will happen. One thing that has made me happy about the switch are these super cool cases from Bauble Bar x OMC. A neon phone case that I can put my absurd initials on is the vibe I want for Summer 2020. I mean, why not – other than the $78 price tag?!
April 2020 Lust-Have List
Honestly, the things that I mainly are the products my nail tech uses to do my nails. Unfortunately, I need a professional license to buy most of them and they aren’t cheap. Oh, and full of links to the gambit of face masks that everyone is making now, which is amazing. So, I decided to share some other products that you may interest you, too.
Actually, I’ve been very good on spending, but mostly buying groceries. Plus, I really haven’t been wanting much, because there is nowhere to go while looking cute. So, most of the things I want this month are things to hold me up while I wait for my hair stylist and nail tech to get off government punishment.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2020
- Reformation Open Back Side Slit Dress – Although, I don’t have anywhere to wear this dress, it’s going to be perfect for late Spring and Summer. That slit, though?! Love it. BONUS: It comes in regular and plus size!
- UGG Oh Yeah Slippers – I was never into these UGG slippers when I first saw them a couple of years, ago. However, these have become the unofficial lifestyle blogger quarantine house shoe. The more I’ve seen them, the more I want a pair in coral. I feel like I’m going to treat myself to these when I get paid.
- Color Depositing Mask in Bordeaux– I don’t think I ever shared over here, but I got my hair dyed a red/auburn color 2 weeks before the world shutdown. Of course, my hair has been growing like crazy since then and I can’t go get it retouched. I saw these color depositing masks and think they may be able to hold me up. because they are temporary. I’m going to ask my hair master first, but I hope she says I can try it. *fingers crossed*
- Niacinamide Gel Cream – My aging and sometimes acne-prone skin needs to add Niacinamide back to my routine. I usually use this ingredient via a serum. However, I saw it comes in gel cream formula, which will be great when my skin becomes more oily in the summer. Plus, it only costs $20!
What’s one thing self-care item that you would like to get this month? Share below.