Apparently, skin cleansing balms are the next big thing in skin care and I’ve become curious to find and try out for myself. Cleansing balms are really geared toward people with very dry skin and need extra moisture in ever step of their skincare regimen, including the cleansing step. Balms add moisture instead of stripping, unlike a lot cleansers. So, if dry skin is a problem for you, then you might want to add a balm to your skincare regimen.
If you are like me and want to try this latest trend, but don’t know where to start, here are some of the more popular lines on the market that fit various needs.
- No 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm, $8.49, Ulta – Like with any trend, beauty or fashion, it’s not necessarily the smartest thing to buy the most expensive product on the market, Sometimes, it’s best to work your way up. So, this cleansing balm from No 7 might the first stepping stone for many of you.
- REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm, $48, Sephora – If you have sensitive skin and are looking for a balm that is gentle, but thorough, the balm by REN is perfect. It gentle removes make-up, even that diabolical waterproof mascara without stripping or aggravating your skin.
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm, $28.50, Clinique – If you aren’t too keen on the REN price point, Clinique who is also known for their 100% hypo-allergenic products has an alternative that’s non-greasy, non-drying and great for ALL skin types.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm, $60, TimeToSpa.com – Elemis makes a cleansing balm that contains collagen and other anti-aging ingredients. So, if anti-aging is something you’re concerned about, as do I, then you might want to try this one from Elemis.
- Cleanser 27 Cleansing Balm, $80, Dermstore.com – When it comes to cleansing balms, this is one of the creme de la creme on the market, So, if you have the deep pockets to start at the top, then you could start with this one from M.E SkinLab. Not only does this one gently cleanses, but it also acts as an exfoliator and moisturizer. You have to love a fab 2-fer,