For the past couple of months, I’ve been on this kick of trying new ways to challenge myself. For the majority of the time, I’ve just been challenging my eating habits and shopping habits. However, after I posted about small everyday bags, I knew I wanted to try it the small everyday bag life. Although it was a challenge to downsize from large tote to tiny crossbody, I figured it out. In the process, it allowed me to really assess what were my everyday needs. Therefore, I was able to narrow down my list of small bag essentials for everyday.
Receipts and empty gum and straw wrappers mostly filled up my everyday tote bag. After realizing that I pretty much carry a well-made leather trash bag everyday, I sorted out my basic everyday essentials. Keep reading to see my basic basics.
It’s officially summer and I want to be excited so bad for potential sexy tan lines and legit reasons to indulge in ice cream, BBQ, and frozen cocktails. However, this heat? Bruh. It’s been doing the most. Currently, Memphis is under a heat advisory and I’m doing any and everything to avoid the heat. Triple digits heat indexes are not appealing at all.
Since this heat looks like this is going to be one of the hottest summers, I’ve made the conscious decision to stop carrying so much stuff in my purse. Yes, I’m one of those women that totes a bag filled to the brim with stuff that I might need, but rarely, if ever do.
So, this weekend, I finally narrowed down the things I plan/need to carry this summer. Also, I broke out my super bright and summer perfect neon yellow purse….for maybe the last time. Keep reading for more on that and to see what’s in my bag this summer.
- Bag: I love my Rebecca Minkoff Hudson (smaller version in green here) in Neon Yellow, but rarely wear it.I’m going to put it on ebay and hopefully someone will fall in love with it, too.
- Notebooks: I use the green one to take notes at church and pink one contains all my thoughts( business and personal). It’s pretty much a bucket for my brain’s glitter covered vomit.
- Snack: I’m currently obsessed with these zuchinni carrot loaves that my sister-in-law got from her mom. They taste like bran muffins, to me. Nice alternative to sugary cakes.
- Lip Balm: 100 degree weather is not really make-up friendly. However, a little smudge of this pink lip butter from Korres adds just enough color to my face and moisture to my lips.
- Keys/Wallet: Finally found the perfect wallet. Rebecca Minkoff Metro Wallet has plenty of slots for cards/cash, zipper for coins, and keychain for my keys. Grab and Go lifestyle.
- Sunglasses: You might remember these sunglasses from here and yes, they are still in my life. Protecting my eyes and making me feel chic. However, I do need some new black sunnies.
- Powder: This transparent powder from Laura Mercier might be the only real make-up I wear this summer and that’s just to buff down really shiny spots. Yes, I’m talking to you, T-Zone.
- Sunscreen: Wear sunscreen. Everyday. Sunny and cloudy days. I’ve been obsessed with Pur-lisse pur-protectDaily Moisturizer has SPF 30. Once I use it on my face, I throw it in my purse to use on my hands through out the day, too. Especially when driving.
What necessities are you planning to carry this summer or things you finally removed from your daily bag? Please share.
There are just some products that never leave my makeup bag and the majority of them are lip products, because I’m a firm believer that a good, strong lip can polish off a simple outfit and bare face. So, here are the products that reside in my makeup bag.
- L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara – This is not my daily mascara, but this is one that I can add to whatever mascara du’ jour or a great option for those more than frequent days that I forget to apply mascara.
- L’Oreal Lineur Intense Brush Liquid Liner – Best. Liquid. Liner. EVER! Love it.
- Vera Wang Signature Perfume – This is a small purse-size bottle of Vera Wang first perfume that I’ve literally had for about 10 years…no lie. Its a thicker, gel like that packs a punch with one little dab behind the ears and wrist and it smells so good and sophisticated.
- Wet n Wild MegaLast Lip Color in Just Peachy – This is soft and simple lip color to add on days when I want a soft lip of to soften a dark lip. Looks great against a tan face.
- Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate – This sat in my lippie collection for so long before I tried it and fell in love with it. It not only moisturizes your lips, but gives it a simple and sheer coral hue.
- NYC 16 Hour Lip Stain – A deep matte pink lip is my fav look. Red can be too much, so this is my alternative and one of the best ways for me is to use a lipstains and this one lasts practically all day while at work.
- NYX Wonder Pencil – This pencil is definitely a wonder pencil. Its a concealer, liner, and brightener. It has come in super handy when I need to brighten and appear to be more awaken by lining my waterline. It’s awesome.
- NYX Lip Pencil in Bloom – Just another deep pink lip product. FYI – NYX makes great and super affordable lip pencils.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind The Perfector Powder – I love Maybelline’s Instant Age Rewind line, especially their undereye concealer. However, this pressed powder has a built in primer which help smooth your skin and give it youthful glow.
So, there are the things that live in my makeup on the daily.