For over a year, I’ve been trying to create a bar area that’s pleasantly stocked. I think that a bar area in your home is very inviting…to most. Personally, I’m a social drinker, but there are a couple of times a week that I find myself partaking in a glass of wine to unwind from a long day at work.
This week, my sister and I are moving to a cute little house we are renting and one of the first things I’m going to tackle is setting up a bar. Although, neither of us are “drinkers”, we do socialize with some and host most group get-togethers at our place. So, we try to keep some “spirits” for visitors.
Typically, when it comes to metal in fashion or home decor, I like to go gold. However, for the bar, I’m really feeling a silver and glass with touches of black theme. I love the sleek and modern feel of the look. Plus, my dining room furniture is black and a silver bar area will compliment each other nicely and allow me to add an accent color of my choice, per season.
So, here are some items I’m pondering to help build my silver-lining bar area.
- Oeniphilia 6 Bottle Wall Mounted Wine Rack, $43.32, Walmart
- Stainless-Steel Bar Tools Set with Stand, $89.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Mikasa Cheers Set of 4 Glass Bottle Stoppers, $25, Amazon.com
- Oggi Stainless Steel Double Wall Ice Bucket, $29.99, Target
- Luigi Bormioli ‘Rossini’ Decanter, $40, Nordstrom
- Dorset Cocktail Shaker, $119.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Bristol Bar Cabinet, $549, JC Penney
- Stainless Steel Cocktail Glasses, $19.99, Target
- Metallic Print Glassware Set, $34, West Elm