Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday and last day of August! I’m still in a little awe that tomorrow is will be September, which is also my birthday. Like I’ve mentioned countless times, I’m not one of those people that are really into their birthdays. I hate being the center of attention and making a big deal out of things related to me. So, although I acknowledge my birthday month, don’t expect me to mention it all the time.
This week was a drag for me, because I had a hard time getting focused and be productive. I took a personal day on Wednesday to have a day when I can be productive, but not responsible. For example, I drove 20 minutes away to pick up a B-day gift for the BF, but also binge most of the final season of Quantico. I also ate all day, but it was mostly healthy food and I had some intense bouts of being active. A total yen and yang day, but it was needed.
Although fall is still less than a month away, I feel like this will be the first weekend where it actually feels like fall. Not only are Pumpkin Spice Latte, but also football. Although I’m not a major fan of either, I did order a tall PSL on Wednesday and I will be partaking in a little college football this weekend. I might even hit up a tailgate or 2. We’ll see! Plus, it’s going to be a 3-Day weekend, because Monday is Labor Day. So, no work on Monday and I might even try to light up the grill for some hit dogs and smoked wings. YUM!
Well, here’s to a lovely weekend and let’s chat some more next week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: August 31, 2018
- Tips on how to sleep better – Vox
- Protect your Instagram from getting hacked – Later
- Tips for plant-based eating while traveling – Veestro Blog
- The psychology of hate-following people – The Man Repellar
- Meaning of planets, moon, and sun in astrology – Refinery 29
- Difference between a $5 White Tee and $125 White Tee – Huffington Post
- How women can get what they want in a negotiation – Harvard Business Review