I’m there when the Thakoon for NARS nail polish collection is released. The colors are just the knockout combo pops of color my nails should be dripped in this spring and summer.
The collection colors are inspired by Thakoons S/S 2012 collection and features 6 shades: Lal Mirchi (Mandarin red), Anardana (Azalea pink), Ratin Jot (Orchid purple), Amchoor (Bright yellow), Kutki (Powder blue), Koliary (Cyan blue).
According to Thakoon designer and CEO, Thakoon Panichgul, the collection was inspired by vibrant colors of a Indian spice market. The nail polished will be available for purchase beginning May, 1st at narscosmetics.com for $18 a pop…of color.
This year seems to be moving along pretty quick and breezy, which just happens to be the way I plan to dress this spring. The weather here in Memphis is already warming up. Today, the record high was broken for this day atn 82 degrees…before noon! Anyway, here are some pieces that I would love to have and incorporate in my breezy, but chic spring wardrobe.
- Lovely Peach Dress, $46,Lulu’s – Although neon is going to be huge this season, they’re not for everyone and the spring staple of pastels might be too blah and boring. Well, sorbet colors are nice middle ground, because they have just the right amount of boldness, but with a softness that is spring appropriate. This peachy dress from Lulu’s is so pretty and light and would be a dream piece to have in any spring wardrobe. I love the pleats!
- T-Shirt with Leather Details, $29.90, Zara – I love white, thin, and slouchy tees, especially in the hotter months. However, I’ve been looking for one with leather details and low and behold I found one while browsing Zara’a website. It has everything I want and will look amazing paired with solid and colorful jeans this season. I’m so excited to find this!
- NARS Wicked Attraction Set, $45, Sephora – My face! This has all the things that you make a nice, light, and dewy spring face, including NARS cult fav duo blush and bronzer duo of Orgasm and Laguna.
- Lulu Frost Lighthouse Ring, $156, Shopbop.com – I’ve been feening for one of these long, extension style rings for a while and this one by Lulu Frost is so pretty. The blush colored pink stone and shiny gold contrast is lovely and would work with any and every skin tone.
- Sam Edelman ‘Yelena’ Sandal, $139.95, Nordstrom – You need a pair of go-to, goes-with-almost-everything-in your-spring-wardrobe pair of shoes and these Sam Edelman slingback sandals are perfect for me. I love the wide bronze straps the nubuck saddle brown leather. Love them. Want them.
It’s hot, I constantly feel like I’m melting, and the less fuss, the best. So, this month lust-have list is continuing on my easy breezy summer lifestyle.
- NARS Body Illuminator in Laguna, $45, Sephora – I’ve been really impressed by NARS’ illuminators and I’ve always been a fan of the Laguna bronzer. So, this sounds like I could be a potential stan of this product.
- Printed Ruffle Chiffon Dress, $36.94, Old Navy – Yep, I’m still in dress mode, although I haven’t really been wearing dress, but still I’m yearning for them. This light yellow chiffon dress from Old Navy looks so light and easy. Just what the doctor ordered for me.
- Gray Quartz Ring, $42.75, All The Rage Online– I’ve been obsessing and pondering buying this ring. I love the natural texture of the stone and not to mention the chunkiness.
- Carlos Falchi Matte Microfiber Tote, $220, Saks.com– It’s a cobalt blue tote! A fabulous and big cobalt blue tote by Carlos Falchi! Love.
- Jeffrey Campbell ‘Esmerald’ Glitter Sandal, $64.95, Nordstrom– Probably the prettiest slide-on sandals I’ve seen in a while! I imagine that these are the shoes Cinderella would wear on vacation. Beautiful.
NARS has just released its Spring 2010 collection that features soft and sexy shades inspired by Catherine Deneuve’s role as Lucille in La Chamade. The shades are elegant and versatile, just like Deneuve’s character.
“I love Catherine’s makeup look in this movie,” says François. “It’s very sophisticated and bourgeois in a Parisian ‘16th Arrondissement’ way. She is the perfect reference for this collection, and apropos for spring, a time to embrace color and get noticed.”
Read more to see items from the collection.