So, this series is long overdue, because I should’ve been doing this regularly. \I occasionally share beauty products I’m wanting for a new season or in LHLs, but not in a dedicated series. *clears throat* Well, that ends today, but this is the first official post for BEAUTY WANTS! This is where I will share some of the beauty products I’m currently wanting, which will only happen a few times a year.
Now, to see what beauty products I’m wanting and that are resting in my online shopping carts, keep reading.
ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product we’re currently loving. This week: L’Oreal Sublime Bronze Gel Self-Tanner.
Every year, during the rainy days of spring, I reach a point when I want to grace the world with my chunky legs. However, due to my legs hibernating in leggings all winter, my legs look pale and pasty. Therefore, I always have to break out a self-tanner to tie me over until the sun and my legs are out consistently. This year, I decided to try a new self-tanner that I didn’t have super high hope for, but I was wrong. Like, really wrong and I had to make this self-tanner my Item of the Week. Keep reading to find out why.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, friends! Also, welcome to the first Friday of May. How was your week?
My week was pretty good! Some things that I’ve been praying and working toward started to come into fruition. However, I still have so many other things to work on, but I have faith they will work.
For the past few weekends, I’ve been serving at church on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Although I love serving in my church, I just needed a Sunday to just receive the word and go home. So, I’m going to be able to do that this weekend and I’m so looking forward to it.
Next week is going to be hectic for me for a number of reasons. First, I have to do is go to court on Monday to dispute a speeding ticket. Back in March, I got 2 tickets in 2 weeks. Last week, I was able to get the first ticket dismissed. However, I have to pay court fees, which is the first time I have to pay fees. *eye roll* Hopefully, this speeding ticket should get thrown out without having to pay anything.
Since I have a busy week ahead of me, I plan to relax as much as possible this weekend. Also, I hope that you enjoy these reads, because I found them really informative.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 3, 2019
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
It’s May! Oddly, April felt like it lasted forever, which is weird. However, that’s old news, because we have made it to a new month! I say this all the time, but I love the beginning of anything new, which includes a new month. Personally, May is going to be an important month for me. I set some personal deadlines of things I need to achieve by the end of the month. I’m hopeful and faithful that everything will work itself out.
Back to the fun stuff; all the things I’m wanting this month. Keep reading to get all the details.
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2019
- SUPERGOOP! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40, $32, Sephora – I wear sunscreen everyday and apply it numerous times when I know I’m going to be outside for an extended time. This SUPERGOOP! is the sunscreen of choice for a lot of estheticians and dermatologists I follow online. So,I feel like I need to try it.
- Blakely Platform Sandal, $135, Nordstrom – Last year, I noticed that athletic sandals were slowly coming back. However, they are everywhere this year and I want in. Loving this nude pair by JSlides, which are chic for such a sporty look.
- Felizia Personalized Wrap Bracelet, $42, Bauble Bar – A few years ago, I was hardcore into wearing stacks of thin bracelets, including a few friendship ones. I’m feeling this look again and would love to start with this personalize one, which you can add up 8 letters. However, I love the look of just one letter, too.
- Net Market Tote, $3, Brandless – Brandless has really taken off since I first learned of them a couple of years ago, especially with the range of products they offer. I love that they now offer net totes, which are my prefer bag of choice for Saturday morning farmer’s market adventures.
- Stress Less, Accomplish More, $17, Amazon – My stress has been flaring up more than usually, but I’m very good at dealing with it. Still, it doesn’t hurt to learn more ways to stress less and get more things done. This book looks to like it would help.
What’s an item that you’ve been eyeing? Share below.
Here we are, smack dab in the middle of sandal season, which lasts from mid-March to late-August or early September. Of course, this is debatable depending on your location and personal level of IDGAF attitude. Another thing that’s debatable is what nail polish color should be worn with sandals. Personally, I think you can and should wear any color you want or no polish at all. However, I tend to only switch between 3-4 different polish option.
Keep reading to see what my go-to, must-have nail polish colors for sandal season.