I’m a product girl. I love trying and experimenting with different products from different brands. Doing this has helped me find brands and products I couldn’t imagine not using. However, this process has also led me to products some of the worst beauty products I’ve ever tried. Don’t get me wrong, these products are necessarily horrible, but the didn’t work for me.
Interested in in why I would never use these products again, then keep reading.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
It’s still summer, but the past couple of days here in Memphis have felt very fall-sy. Waking up to sunny skies and cool temperatures has been amazing. However, these mornings have also been making me anxious for fall to come. We still have less than 2 months for fall to arrive but, hopefully the crisp fall weather will show up a little earlier than expected.
The combination of fall-like weather and the arrival of August also has me wondering how and what I’m going to stock my fall wardrobe. I’m pretty sure that will get that after reading about the items I want this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: August 2017
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 40 Age Defense Moisturizer – The moisturizer I had planned to use during my summer skincare routine caused me to break out. So. I’ve been pondering on trying this moisturizer from Origins, because Origins products have never let me down. This moisturizer is good for anti-aging regimens. Plus, it has SPF 40 in it. I’m always down for a moisturizer with SPF.
- Off the Shoulder Floral Blouse – I was so late to the off the shoulder trend this summer. However, it’s never too late to hop on a trend train. I love this floral off the shoulder blouse from H&M. It’s lightweight, but also has long sleeves. This will make great piece to transition from summer to fall.
- Rebecca Minkoff Mini Vanity Saddle Bag – Saddle bags are one of my favorite bags to carry in the fall. This suede rose color one from Rebecca Minkoff is everything! I think rose suede is going to be vibe for the fall.
- Matt Bernson Emerson Tassle Loafers – Fall is loafer season. I’m really feeling these minimalist loafers by Matt Bernson and the tassel is a chic and subtle detail.
- Goodbye, Vitamin: A Novel – I’ve been craving a good fiction book to dig into and this one is at the top of the list. It’s only been out a couple of weeks, but the reviews make me think this is the next book I need to crack open. Time to give all of my self-help and non-fiction books a break.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Here’s the final Link-End Round-Up of July 2017. This month went by pretty slow for me. It feels like the Fourth of July was about couple of months ago. This could be a sign that I was busy this month or the heat has blocked my memory. However, I’m very much looking forward to August, because it’s the last month of this quarter. There are some things I need to hurry and do in August to prepare for September. Plus, I still need to finish up some books from my summer reading list. I think I might cover the importance of August and September in an upcoming email.
Speaking of emails, I know I haven’t sent an email out in a couple of weeks. I want to refresh my email’s content, look, and overall vibe. Just trust that I’m working on it. I’m also looking for ways to refresh the vibe of Stained Couture, too. In today’s age, you can’t be stagnant for too long. It makes you fall behind and get left behind. When things get mundane and/or boring, it’s time to get up and get uncomfortable. Well, that’s what I do.
Today is the first day of tax-free weekend in Tennessee and I could care less. In my efforts to be more responsible, I know I don’t need to do any shopping for clothes. However, there is always a chance that I find something at a price that is just too good to pass up. #PrayForMyWallet
I hope ya’ll have an amazing weekend and let’s chat some more next week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: July 28, 2017
It’s official; I’m over the summer. It’s been too hot to function on most days and it doesn’t care that it’s making your electric bill get sky high. If anything, summer heat is rude. For the most part, I’ve been trying to avoid it at all costs, because the heat is so draining. That’s why “lazy summer” is a thing. There is one good I can attribute to scorching heat; it’s ability to melt away my body insecurities.
For most of the year, I stay away from shorts, high hems, and sleeveless anything. However, when that heat wave hits, I throw all my body insecurities out the window as I’m trying to catch a breeze. Once it feels like anything in the triple digits, bring on the shorts and tanks and stare (if you want) at my big, chunky legs and jiggly arm wings. If it’s cooling and easy to put on and go, then it’s a winner in my book. It’s just too hot to care, folks.
Keep reading to get the details on this look to wear on a hot summer day when you don’t want to wear anything at all.
Over the past few years, I’ve been learning how to properly take care of my natural nails. Up until I was 24 years old, I was an avid nail biter. My dad bites his nail, which caused me and my brother to bite ours. However, unlike them, I was able to eventually stop. Take it, it took me a couple of decades, but I did it. Ever since I stopped, I’ve always looked for ways to maintain healthy nails. The first step is knowing everyday nail care is a thing.
To maintain my nails, there are some things that I do everyday to my nails. I believe that these little things attribute to my nails staying strong and healthy.