ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product we’re currently loving. This week: Cream of Nature Perfect Edges On The Go
This summer’s heat has been pretty unbearable most days. Having to deal with sweltering humidity, keeping the A/C on all day, and pushing my natural deodorant to the limits is exhausting. However, one area in my life that has been tested repeatedly by this heat is my hair line a.k.a my edges. First off, the hair on my hairline is a lot courser than the rest of my hair. So, even the slightest mist of moisture makes it frizz up. Thankfully, there are plenty of products to help us keep our hairlines slick and in formation.
Unfortunately, this heat has been testing even the strongest of gels and edge control. One a recent sticky hot summer day, my edges started to loosen, lift, and unravel by noon. Therefore, on my lunch break, I raced to the nearest drugstore where I picked up this gem; Perfect Edges On The Go. When I tell you this little tube has saved me from looking like wet rat by the hairline of plently of occasions, you wouldn’t believe me. However, keep reading to see why this is my Item of The Week!
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday! This week was pretty good for me. Well, this week was pretty good, because I had a free mid-week day off thanks to the Fourth of July. Since the 4th fell in the middle of the week, a lot of people took the rest of the week off. Smart decision. Thankfully, this has made the office pleasantly quiet and allowed me to get a lot of work done.
No plans for the weekend, except to clean out the fridge from any remaining leftovers from the BBQ and go to church. Also, to pop the remainder of the fireworks, because we have plenty left over.
Actually, I need to dedicate some time to cleaning and organizing spaces in my bedroom and living room. Over the past few months, I’ve gotten more shoes than I did all of last year. I’ve been going hard for cute flip flops and casual sneaker options. Hot weather and cluttered spaces don’t mix well in my life. Actually, I feel like they amplify each other, because I hate both. I think I’m going to work on that tonight by lighting some incense, blast my 90s hip-hop and R&B playlist, and cleaning like crazy.
Well, here’s to an amazing weekend and let’s chat some more next week.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: July 6, 2018
It’s barely summer and it’s already been unbearably hot. So much so, it’s been too hot for me to care about physical insecurities. I’m so sorry, but ya’ll are going to have to see all of my big, jiggly limbs and other extremities. Not sorry at all! Well, for the most part, I’m going to try and avoid having to be out in the heat at all cost. However, for those days when I have to – jiggle, jiggle. One fashion that I’m rocking with this summer are lace bralettes.
When I first saw lace bralettes popping up last summer all on the IG models in my fee, I couldn’t imagine ever buying or wearing one. However, knowing that there are more options. even for us “upper heavy weight” chicks, I decided to buy one. All it took me was one hot day to realize that lace bralettes were going to be one of my waves for Summer 2018. Not sure if you should hop on this wave, too? Well, I have a few reasons you might want to reconsider.
In case you aren’t aware, July 4th is one of my favorite holidays – BBQ, fireworks, and free off day from work. Aside from the 4th encompassing some of my favorite things, it’s also a great reason to buy a cute new summer look. When I was kid, my mom would buy me and my brother a new 4th of July outfit every year. Even if we just wearing it to eat grilled hot dogs and watch the adults light fireworks in the middle of the street. However, those are still some of my favorite childhood memories to this day.
Unless I’ve been invited to 4th festivities, I mainly just wear whatever I can concoct from the clothes in my closet. I mean, I’ve accumulated enough options over the years. However, I occasionally might pick up a nice comfy tee or simple sandals, because of all the holiday sales. This weekend, I ordered this tie-hem tee from H&M and plan to break out this dark denim skirt that I got from Simply Be last fall. A love a good casually styled casual look paired with simple accessories. I also love that the straw bags from last summer are still in for this summer.
If you’re looking for a little July 4th outfit inspo, I hope this helps. Not to mention, these pieces are easy to mix and match all summer 2018. Check out all the details below.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
I can’t lie, it’s barely summer and I’m already over it. This heat? Chile..too much. It should not be 90 degrees at night. I seriously can’t remember the last time I turned my AC off. Not to mention that we have fans on high all over the house. At least this humid weather has made my skin look smooth and flawless. Yes, humidity can be good for your skin – kinda like steam.
It’s a little early to guess, but I feel that July is going to be a little hectic this month. This month is filled with at least 5 birthdays for some family and friends. There might even be a little road trip to Nashville toward the end of the month. We’ll see!
In the meantime, feel free to see what things I would love add to my life this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: July 2018
- Midnight Recovery Eye treatment – For the most part, my skin has been pretty clear and glowy, thanks to the humidity. However, my undereye area has been looking pretty drab and in dire need of some help. After reading and hearing some good reviews on this Kiehl’s eye treatment, I’m leaning toward this eye cream to help hydrate and nourish my undereye areas.
- Keytags Keychain – For some reason, I’ve been into retro looking keychains – the kind that look like old and hotel keychains. I’m loving this blush pink color and “Take It Easy” is my summer mood.
- Initial Signet Ring – I’m still in love with my simple gold bands from AuRate. AuRate has this perfectly subtle signet ring that is calling to be worn on my pinkie.
- Relaxed Mini Skirt – I seriously can’t get enough of skirts this summer. However, I need more maxi skirt options like this olive green number from Forever 21. This skirt and a cream tank top would look so perfect together.
- Leather Sandals with Ribbon – I’ve been on the hunt for a simple pair of pink sandals that aren’t to high in the heel. Viola’! This pair from Zara is exactly what I’ve been looking and they’re currently on sale. #Blessed
- Beaded Statement Bracelet – The minimalist in me has been noticing that the look of a wrist of few gold bracelets is chic and easy. This chunky gold beaded bracelet by Gorjana would look perfect paired with thin gold bracelets or on it’s own.