ITEM OF THE WEEK: Ouai Hair Oil
Currently, I’m going through one of my hair care products spells. So, I’ve been buying a trying different products to address the needs of my hair. Although this spell only lasts for a couple of weeks, I’ve bought quite a few products these past weeks. I’m still testing them out trying to separate the winners from the losers. So far, they are all showing potential. However, there is one that has been in the lead and that’s Ouai’s Hair Oil. Keep reading to see why this one is already in the winner’s circle.
EMPTIES: May 2020
Guess who is somewhat back on schedule and back with the empties for last month? Me! I didn’t really use up many products, because I was buying a quite a bit. However, that’s not why I’m here today. Keep reading to see what products I used up last month.
ITEM OF THE WEEK: MoroccanOil Color Depositing Hair Mask
I must say that I learned a lot of things while the country was mostly shutdown. For example, I learned to type with long nails – a lifelong goal fulfilled. However, the one thing I learned about that I didn’t know existed were color depositing hair masks. Scratching your heads at that phrase? Well, they’re pretty much hair masks that condition your hair AND add temporary color to your hair.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
Well, I was very optimistic at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Last week was just an horrible chapter in the horrific book of 2020. The year has been rough and we’re just now making it to the halfway mark. It can only go up from here, right? Right?! Let’s continue to pray healing and strength for everyone while continue to find happiness in ourselves.
I’m in the process of looking to buy a “newer” car, which means that I’ve been cutting back on spending. Yet, I feel like I still need so many things, including the items on this month’s Lust-Have List for June. I thing they are essential…for my happiness. Wow, I think I pulled something with that reach. Anyway, here are the items that I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2020
- adidas Stell-Lette Slides – I’ve been eyeing some new athletic slides for awhile. I usually get a pair from Nike, but I love the look of these from Stella McCartney’s line with adidas.
- Belif Aqua Bomb Sleeping Mask – My skin hasn’t been an plump and hydrated as I know it can be. So, I’ve been trying to add as much moisture back in as I can. I love sleep face masks and loved the Belif Aqua Bomb moisturizer a few months ago. So, I don’t think the sleep mask version of the moisturizer is going to let me down.
- CeraVe Renewing SA Face Cleanser – Over the past few days, I’ve been hearing wave reviews about this cleanser. I guess I’m late to the party, because it’s been sold out everywhere. That just makes me want to try it even more.
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker – It’s getting to hot for hot coffee, for me. I feel like I should’ve been had a cold brew coffee maker, but better late than never. Plus, this one is only $25, which sounds like a steal.
- Knee Sleeves – I started to sporadically do weight training at home. Unfortunately, my knees aren’t too happy when I do weighted squats. Neither am I. However, I think these knee sleeves will help us feel a little better about this latest decision of mine.
What’s one item you’re wanting this month? Share below.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Fri…SUNDAY! So, funny story, I forgot I didn’t publish this/last week’s LERU post. Aren’t I hilarious? It wasn’t until I was finishing putting up my clean laundry and new hangers that I couldn’t remember if I hit published or not. So, once I finished up my mini spring cleaning frenzy, I’,m here to share the posts that I enjoyed reading last week.
Speaking of last week, it was another week of feeling like things are getting back to “normal”. Of course, the new normal includes getting weird looks when you don’t have a face mask, but people are getting out more. This is due to more businesses and restaurants opening up, but life is coming back to the world – at 6ft difference from others.
Although I’m still being super cautious and weary about the openings, it’s nice to see more people. Again, I’m sorry to the late post, but I’m still working on getting my consistency back. More small steps. Enjoy the reads in this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 15, 2020
- Are you falling out of love? Here’s how to tell – Psychology Today
- Farewell to the friendly cheek kiss. Good riddance. – New York Times
- Why Wednesdays are the new Mondays thanks to quarantine- Refinery 29
- Have you added “joy triggers” to your vocabulary? Well, you should – Cupcakes & Cashmere
- How to tell the difference if your skin is purging or breaking out, according to a dermatologist – Brydie
- A guide for picking a face mask to wear to grocery store and everywhere else for the rest of lives – Kitchn
- I’ve been wanting to add some character to my bland bathroom. These cool bath mats are a great place to start – The Stripe