LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
Happy March! My apologies for the tardiness, because I had every intention of posting this last week. However, the days would not ease up on me and I couldn’t keep up. Like they say, ‘”better late than never” and that’s the sword I’m falling on today.
Although I had plenty of hope for February, it was a flappity flop of a mess. So, I’m hoping March can come in here and act right, which it has been so far. Last month, despite it being the shortest month of the year, felt like the longest. Work was bonkers, trying to get some normalcy to my life was a fail, and then there was week of snowstorms right in the middle. Needless to say, I’m not looking back on last month, but I’m so grateful to see this month.
Since I barely survived February with my mental health still in tact, I’m dedicating March to getting right with myself. I’m focusing on things that bring me peace and (temporarily) putting some things to the side while I get me together. I just want to be a better me for me and I have no excuse as to why I can’t. So, that’s what I’m doing this month.
As for the things I’m wanting in this month’s Lust-Have List, they’re mostly things to make me and my new apartment cute and ready and ready for spring. I want everything!
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2021
- Good American Easy Denim Shirt – I feel every closet needs a easy denim shirt and this one looks and sounds perfect – even the name.
- Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Serum – Recently, I started using the toner from this Glow Recipe line, because I love a good hydrating toner. I heard and saw that the toner combined with this serum makes your skin look all dewy and glowy. So, I need to find out for myself.
- Nespresso Coffee Maker and Espresso Machine – My Keurig didn’t survive my recent move. Devastating, but this coffee maker and espresso machine hybrid would make me feel so much better.
- Steve Madden Tan Platform Wide Strap Sandals – A new, cute pair of platform tan sandals is my favorite way to spruce my wardrobe into spring mode. The only con to these is the wait time.
- Target x Levi’s Aged Cooper Bar Cart – The new Target x Levi’s collection just dropped and I’m in love, especially with this wood and cooper bar cart. So, chic and would look perfect in my new apartment. I wish I could see it in-store first, but I really want to buy it today.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
Happy February and Black History Month! I know this month’s Lust-Have List is little later than usual, but I’ve been really busy. Aside from trying to actually start the process of moving in less than 2 weeks, I’ve been trying to fight off a cold. As soon as I start to feel “sicky”, I break out the OTC meds, sip tea, and rest. Thankfully, it appears to be working, aside from having some slight fatigue and itchy throat for part of yesterday. No, it wasn’t ‘Rona, but I’m feeling about 90% myself.
As I mention, my move is right around the corner. I’ve started to collect boxes and paid my final rent for the place I’m at now – felt good to send them that final prorated payment. Now, I need to work on getting the big stuff done, which includes finding a mover and scheduling to have my utilities switched over. I forgot how much I hate moving. Hopefully, I will be at my new place for a minute.
Since I’m pretty much starting over with new furniture and décor, I made a concerted effort to not include any of that stuff in my Lust-Have List for February. However, I pretty sure I need all the things that I did mention, too.
LUST-HAVE LIST: February 2021
- Lemonade Smoothing Scrub – I haven’t been exfoliating my skin as much as I should and it’s starting to show. I’ve been seeing this new facial scrub from Ole Henriksen all over social media. Although, I’m not one to fall for products are paid to promote, I’ve had some good experiences with Ole Henriksen products in the past. So, I’m down to give this one a try.
- Initial Oversize Hoodie – In case you are new around here, I love anything with my initials and oversized. So, this hoodie from Good American is speaking my language. According to Punxsutawney Phil, we still have a few more weeks of winter left and to wear hoodies.
- Apple Watch Gold Mesh Band – My apple watch is becoming more clutch in my life and she deserves to look appreciated. I think I’m sold on adding a gold mesh band and I spotted this one online for less than $50. Might be my Valentine’s day gift to myself.
- Pattern Beauty Styling Cream – Currently, I’ve been wearing my hair naturally curly to help strengthen it while it grows. A couple of weeks a go, I picked up the travel version of the Pattern Beauty Styling Cream. This cream is so good! It’s not heavy and moisturizes and softens my curls, So, I have to get the bigger jar, which I might do this weekend.
- Pink Miracle Sneaker Cleaner – Last year, during the lockdown, I restarted my love of collecting sneakers. However, now that I wear them more, I need to get a good sneaker cleaner. I’ve heard and seen nothing but good things about this one. Plus, it comes with a brush for deep cleaning.
Item of the Week: ABH Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid eyeliner is my favorite eye product – no debate. Unfortunately, ever since I can’t seem to find my beloved L’oreal liquid liner, it’s been hard trying a replacement. There have been some hits here and there, but no real competition. However, I think I found a real contender in the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid liner. It’s the only liquid liner that I’ve been using for months and it hasn’t let me down at all. Keep reading to see why I’m all in with this ABH liquid liner.
First, let’s start with the pigment – she is pigmented. It’s been said that liquid liner isn’t ideal for older eyes. Well, for one, my eyes don’t really show my age. For two, I don’t care, because a good pigmented liquid liner makes my eyes pop. The black is the perfect dark, but not too dark liner. Too dark of a liner can look harsh on you, which no body wants.
As for the longevity through the day? Oh, she stays in place all day! This liquid liner is water-resistant and didn’t even budge during a mini breakdown, because FedEx put one of my deliveries on the wrong truck. So, yeah, this liner stays put all day and removes easily with a gentle oil cleanser.
I love the felt tip on the liner, because it helps the liner glide on easily and precisely.
My eyes are very sensitive, especially my left eye. However, I’ve yet to experience any irritation when wearing it. So, that sealed the deal that I will be buying this liquid eyeliner for many years to come.
You can find the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid liner at more ABH retailers and retails for $18.
Have you tried the ABH liquid eyeliner? If so, thoughts?
EMPTIES: December 2020
Before it gets too late into January, let me go ahead and drop my Empties post for December. As you can see from the picture, I really didn’t use up too many products. This can be attributed to be overwhelmed by work, having to find a new apartment, and a cup or holiday depression. However, I did empty the clip on a few. Keep reading to see my final word on these items.
EMPTIES: November 2020
Since my mental heath caused me to take last month off, I never got around to sharing the products I used up in November. So, before I post the December collection of empties, please keep reading for all the details and opinions about what I used up in November. Doesn’t November feel so long ago at this point?