Link-End Round-Up: December 4, 2020
First Friday of the last month- can’t wait to see how this year wraps up. At this point, almost anything can happen and we would not be surprised. Personally, I’m just glad to see this week wrap up. I’m eCommerce Manager and needless to say, the beginning of this week was hectic, which I was prepared. However, I was not prepared to have to work form home on Tuesday, because the heat was out in the office. I appreciate being able to work from home, but I’m way more productive in the office.
As for the rest of the week, it was filled with crappy weather, anxiety, and feeling overwhelmed over the slightest things. So, this weekend, my sister and I plan to spend Saturday lounging on her sofa watching our favorite Christmas that we both enjoy. I think we’re going to start with ELF, followed by The Santa Clause, and wrap up with National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Actually, I put her on to the latter a few years ago – one of my proudest accomplishments.
I think this will be my final weekend to just chill and vibe out, because Christmas is going to be her fast. Not sure if I’m ready, but I’m ready to be ready. How ready are you for Christmas? Finished your shopping? If so, you’re a rockstar in my eyes. Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 4, 2020
Lust-Have List: December 2020
It’s December, which means 2020 is finally coming to the end. Although this memorable – good and bad – year is finally ending, it doesn’t mean that it’s taking all the “bad” with it. The past few days, I’ve been seeing memes saying that 2020 helped us appreciate the things that we have. Even the message in church this weekend was about how 2020 was a good year for many some people.
So, although we’re still going through some turbulent and unsettling times, I’m focusing more on the good. My family and myself was blessed to not get affected by the pandemic, except for not being able to see each other as much as we used to. However, still being mindful and concerned that others haven’t been as fortunate.
I don’t really want much this month – I’ve massively cut back on my unnecessary spending. So, I’ve been leaning toward basics that I can switch around and get plenty of wear. Mindful spending is my new wave.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2020
- Chunky Sole White Faux Croc Booties – I still don’t own a pair of white boots, because I didn’t feel they fit into my usual vibes. However, these chunky sole ones are doing it for me. The right mix of casual and edginess.
- Long Shearling Plus Size Coat – After years of not wanting a long coat, because they are uncomfortable to drive in, I’ve change my mind. Loving this shearling one from ASOS, because it looks cozy and lightweight.
- Scrunchie Apple Watch Band – I recently jumped further into the Apple pond and bought my first Apple Watch. I mostly bought it to help track my activity throughout the day. However, I’m also enjoying all the ways you can customize it. For instance, this scrunchie watchband with matching scrunchie is interesting and functional.
- Nude Acetate Sunglasses – Another item I never got around to buying is a cute pair of nude sunglasses. Feeling these textured ones from Dezi. A vibe.
- Large Snake Embossed Leather Tote – Despite that I mostly lean toward nude shades, a bright accessory grabs my attention every now and then. The latest culprit is this multi-color beaut. It’s roomy, structured, and colorful enough to go most everyday casual looks. Will definitely get my money’s worth.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: November 14, 2020
Happy Friday…I mean Saturday! Instead of just scrapping this week’s, Link-End Round-Up (again), I decide to make it a special Saturday edition. The past few weeks have been all over the place – nationally, globally, and personally. So, my productivity hasn’t been peaking that much, even though I wanted to be productive.
I’m not if it’s the holiday spirit finally creeping up in me or that I’m bored, but I’m ready to create. I started to think about my holiday guides, which can be a very exhausting project. However, this year, I’m think about just getting rid of the traditional guides and just start recommending products on their own. I mean, I might throw in a “$50 or less” guide, but I want to recommend products and you can decide to who would love it as a gift.
Although I’m not sure when I’m going to start, but it has to been soon since Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Still not 100% ready for the holidays, but I appreciate that they aren’t lagging. After this year, I think everyone is looking for any bout of happiness they can get. If pulling out your Christmas decorations and playing Christmas music before Halloween was over made you happy; good for you.
I did program the Christmas stations in my car on Halloween night, but I haven’t been listening to them as much. The weather has been very nice and warm – not my ideal weather for blaring Christmas tunes. However, I might just ahead and give in this weekend and get it going. I think I’ll stop my Starbucks and get a mocha peppermint concoction to sip while bopping to All I Want For Christmas. Oh, that sounds nice!
Can you do me a solid and check out these reads that I enjoyed recently? Thanks in advance!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: November 14, 2020
EMPTIES: October 2020
I might have to check, but all of the products that I used up last month were amazing. SPOILER ALERT: I would and probably buy them all over again. Keep reading to see why, tho.
Lust-Have List: November 2020
After 2 long years, it looks like 2020 is finally wrapping up. There have been more than a few occasions when I mention something happened last year. However, it had only happened a few months ago, which means I don’t know if something happened this year or last year. Hopefully, this year will end on a good and optimistic note – it can’t get any worse. *shrugs*
Now that Halloween is over, it’s officially – according to social media – Christmas season. Although I don’t really decorate for Christmas, I love to see house decorated and littered with Christmas cheer. I have a feeling that a lot more people are going to get in the holiday spirit this year and I don’t mind.
Every year I do holiday gift guides, but I’m not sure if I’m going to this year. It doesn’t feel right with the current climate. If I do, they will affordable and all under a certain price. Still playing it by ear. In the meantime, here are few items I want/need for this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: November 2020
- Dispora Face Masks – Initially, I vowed to only stick with all black face masks. However, now I want them in various prints and colors. I love these dispora printed mask – all of them.
- Grape Water Spray – The temps are dipping, which means my skin needs extra hydration. Face sprays are really good at doing this. I’m fancying this fancy grape water spray from Caudalie.
- Oversize Plus Size Tie Dyed Sweatshirt – Tie dye was huger during the lock down – I attempted to tie-dye some tees. I’m not ready to let the trend of dye die. An oversize tie dye sweatshirt? All the yeses.
- Fluffy Faux Fur Slippers – Another trend during the lock down was everyone ordering fluffy slippers from Amazon. I didn’t bite it, but I’m ready for them now. Loving the extra fluffiness of these.
- Cast Iron Skillet – I need a cast iron skillet. Initially, I was going to ask for one for Christmas, but think I’ll just go ahead and get it myself. This is just the right size and quite affordable.