LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 12, 2021
Happy Friday, friends! How was your week? Hopefully great and not as stressful as mine. This is my final Friday in the apartment that I’ve regretted moving to 2 years ago. A month after a I moved in there, my world started to turn upside down. Just as I was about to start getting settled in and buying new furniture – I was laid off from my job. That definitely wasn’t the ideal time to start buying new sectionals and electronics. So, I was never able to make that place into a home and decided that I wouldn’t sign my lease the following February.
Well, as February 2020 was approaching, so was the pandemic. Therefore, I decided to buckle in and sign another 1 year lease, but that was it. Now, one year later, I’m days away from moving into my new and newly renovated apartment. Of course, the process of moving is stressful and expensive, but it’s going to be so worth it.
This week, I secured a mover company and scheduled for my utilities to be switched over. Now, all I have to do is update my renter’s insurance, do final walk through, and sign my lease. Oh, one more thing I need to so – start packing! I haven’t attempted to pack not one box. Luckily, I don’t have much to pack and have plenty of boxes. I just need to do it, which I will begin this weekend. Actually, I have no other choice but to do it this weekend, because I move on Wednesday. Okay, let me get on, because just thinking about having to all this in less than 5 days is giving me mad anxiety.
Here’s to a peaceful weekend and please enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up reads. OMG! It’s Valentine’s Day on Sunday!
LINK-END ROUND-UP- February 12, 2021
- 30 romantic dinner ideas for Valentine’s day – Kitchn
- What black women need to know about business loans – Essence
- Ways to create more privacy in your home – Apartment Therapy
- I need to try an exfoliating cloth, because my skin has been dry – The Stripe
- At-home Valentine’s Day plans whether your single or taken – The Everygirl
- Want to know how valuable is your luxury bag in your closet? There’s an app for that, too – Fast Company
- This made feel a little nostalgic about all the plans I had for my apartment when I moved in 2 years ago – Cupcakes and Cashmere