Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
It’s Friday and the last day before a three-day weekend. This weekend unnecessarily long, but it’s been okay. I just finished my first whole week of my annual fast, which means no coffee, no meat, and no dairy. Last week, I was craving coffee like crazy, but I got over it by the beginning of this week. However, this week, the meat cravings kicked in hard. I’ve wanted everything from hot wings to BBQ and it’s been rough. The other day, I stopped by whole foods and picked up a few planted-based meat alternatives. I’m trying not to eat that much “fake meat”, but these will come in handy when the cravings hit.
I’m so excited for this long weekend, because my last company didn’t take MLK day off and I was there for 8 years. So, I’m planning to use this time to focus on some self-care. One of the things that I wanted to do this year in the name of self-care is to get monthly facials. So, I have a facial scheduled for tomorrow and I might try to squeeze in a pedicure, because my feet look horrible.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Take some time out to take care of yourself and help others – be nice to everyone you meet. Also, I hope you enjoy the articles I enjoyed in this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: January 17, 2020
- Signs that you’re dating a fuckboy – The Everygirl
- The dark side of self-control – Harvard Business Review
- What self-care means to a woman of color – Girls Night In
- Purge emotions with this 12-minute writing exercise – Goop
- 3 important questions to ask yourself everyday – Tiny Buddha
- Tips for getting in and out of the grocery store faster – The Kitchn
- 48 things you didn’t know have names. Trying to work off #18 – Mental Floss