When it comes to blush, some people love it or hate it. For me, I used to hate blush, because I was all about not wanting to look like I had makeup on and blush was just a flashing sign that had makeup on.
However, I eventually learned its not the product itself, but the color and the application of the product. Light shades and strokes, ladies.
Well, this past weekend, I decided that I needed to do a mini-retail therapy to help soften all the stress and mess I’ve been dealing with and although the last thing I needed was more makeup…well.
Anyway, I’ve known for a while that Laura Mercier makes some amazing makeup, especially foundations, concealers, and powders, but I never really delved into her color makeup, until this weekend. On a whim, I decided to test some of her blushes, the second skin ones, to be particular. Obviously, the name says it all, because in the end, that’s all we want makeup to look like, second skin and not layers of colors.
This blush is the epitome of what blush should be; light, natural, velvety smooth, and down-right awesome. I was instantly sold on the Lotus Pink for a natural pink flush, the Lush Nectarine for soft peachy glow, and Soft Clove that makes a great contour powder for my complexion. I’m blushing for these blushes!
May is looking to be an exciting month for me! I start a new job on the 16th that I’m both nervous and anxious to start. There are also a couple of other things that are happening, but I’ll keep that to myself…for now.
Anyway, the things that I’m lusting for this month are things that I think would be perfect in my transition from one job to another and life all together. Keep reading to see my picks!
- A. Miu Miu Canvas Platform Mules, $445, Net-A-Porter – Seriously, I’m shocked, but I’m lusting for a pair of mules. I’ve never really been a fan of mules or clogs. However, recently, that’s all I’ve been wanting for spring. Although these Miu Miu mules are waaayyy out of my price range, but I love the dark wood soles and the polka dot print.
- B. Marc by Marc Jacobs House of Marc Satchel, $498, Nordstrom – I need a new staple balck work bag and this bag by Marc Jacobs is uber perfection. It’s sophisticated, classic, and refined. Like I said, perfection.
- C. Laura Mercier Oil-free Tinted Moisturizer, $42, Sephora – My skin is smoother than it has ever been, but just as oily. In the past, I’ve been very insecure about wearing tinted moisturizers daily. However, I’ve been embracing a few light coverage foundations in my makeup collection and I’ve been really impressed with them and myself. Now, it’s time for me to FINALLY try one of, if not the best tinted moisturizers out there. I’ve heard nothing but great reviews about LM’s tinted moisturizer. So…I need to try this.
- D. LaMer Oversize Vintage Watch, $88, ShopBop.com – It’s white watch season! Last year, I was all about white link bracelet watches, but I think I want a classic leather strap watch this year like this one by LeMer. Classic!
- E. Dior Oversize Shield Sunglasses, $295, Neiman Marcus – Mules aren’t the only thing I’m shocked I’m lusting after this month. Before now, I’ve never saw a pair of shield sunglasses that I wanted. This past week, I tried on these shades at the mall and was so surprisingly enamoured with them and how they looked pretty nice on me. Ever since that day, I’ve been thinking about these shades.
There you have it, the things I’m lusting for the month of May!