One of the best things you can do for your skin is to never forget your sunscreen. Over the past few years, I’ve become that person that never leaves the house without sunscreen. Matter of fact, I keep a tube in my car for my hands to reapply to my face, if needed. Personally, I feel like most sunscreens are the same, as long as they are 35+ or better. My go-to sunscreen has been one from Neutrogena and it has been holding me down for years. However, I recently ran out of my sunscreen and decide it was a good time to try a new sunscreen – a tinted sunscreen. The one that was at the top of my list was Elta MD Tinted Sunscreen.
Most of the skin care addicts and professionals I follow on social media have mentioned and/or raved about this Elta MD sunscreen before. Therefore, I knew at some point that I was going to have to buy this. The opportunity presented itself when I went for a facial a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, I ran out of my Neutrogena sunscreen the next day and was able to start using this one ASAP. I’ve been using it every day since I got it and it was definitely worth the wait. Keep reading to see why I think this probably going to be my favorite tinted sunscreen for life.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: August 7, 2020
Guess who’s back? Okay, as much as I want to proclaim and feel that Link-End Round-Up is back, you never know. However, I’m slowly but surely feel myself coming to grips with my new normal. We aren’t just entering a new season, but a new way of life. Unfortunately, some people haven’t realized that’s what is happening. Instead, in my opinion, I think some people are “waiting” for things to go back to “normal”. Sadly, that’s not going to happen.
Although I’m still trying to get the hang of this new life we’ve had to enter, I’m tired of being fearful and uncertain. Guess what? Everything in life is uncertain, which means we just have to keep on living, being present, and enjoy life as much as we can. To help me get back in my flow, I’ve been upping my self-care game. This has included being more mindful of my food intake, making sure I move my body more, and staying in regular contact with people.
If there is one thing that I’m super grateful that appreciate from this pandemic is learning to reach out to people more. I’m a true introvert. I enjoy being alone and rarely reach out to people, even if I need to. I’ll figure it out before I ask for anything from anyone. However, I realized that when I couldn’t my friends and family when I usually saw them, I started to miss them. Ya girl actually started to send random “how are you” text and even made a few phone calls. It was wild, but also a need for my mental health. I want to keep doing that, even when outside opens back up.
I’m back to reading blogs and websites that don’t mention the numbers, because I know that’s not going to help. Instead, I’ve been reading things that help and motivate me to keep on living, despite the current state of the world. Here are some links that did just that, but I also include a link on how you can help the people of Beirut. The video footage of the explosion and the aftermath is heartbreaking.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: August 7, 2020
EMPTIES: July 2020
Pardon me as I pat myself on the back for actually posting my Empties post closer to the beginning of the month instead of the end. *pat my back* Last month, I really went through some products. Keep reading to what I used up and my final thoughts on some of the newbies.
Lust-Have List: August 2020
Happy August! Usually, August is one of my favorite months – top 5. The main reason I like August is because it’s totally okay to start getting into fall. Fall is my favorite season. Although, Fall doesn’t begin until September, August is definitely the cocktail party before the main event.
Unfortunately, due to the poop storm that is 2020, it’s taking me a little longer to get into wanting buy fall decor and stalk boots. I know I’ll eventually get into the spirit, but I’m just on a slight delay. As long as I beat Starbucks revealing that PSL (pumpkin spice lattes, in case you don’t speak basic b*Tch) are back, I’ll be okay.
Here’s the small, but important list of things I want to acquire this month. Actually, I think all of these are really attainable…for once.
LUST-HAVE LIST: August 2020
- Bathroom Counter Organizer – This past weekend, I finally put some shelves up in my bathroom to help store my skincare products. They were taking up all of the counter space. I now have space to add a small, but chic organizer for my cotton rounds and swabs. I’m really into this one I spotted over on Amazon and will probably pull the trigger on my next Amazon order in a couple of weeks.
- Full Dense Fan Brush – During one of my nightly binges of TikTok videos, I discovered that I needed a dense fan brush. They are great for applying most powder makeup, including this one from It! Cosmetics for Ulta. I’ve tried a few brushes from this line and feel confident that I would appreciate this one.
- Wooden Wide Tooth Comb – I’ve been doing my best to keep my hair in good shape. Wooden combs are better than plastic one, because they help circulate blood and encourage hair growth. Plus, plastic can sometime snag your hair, which is no bueno por me. This wooden comb is wide tooth and great for curly hair, which I’m known to rock on numerous occasions.
- Radiance Nourishing Body Oil – The current state of the world has made me want to treat myself more. For example, I currently have standing hair and facial appointments – best decision ever. I want to step up my bath and shower routine by adding a nice luxe body oil to the team. Based on the reviews I’ve read, this body oil by BeautyBio sounds amazing. Plus, the ingredients and scents sound like it’s right up my alley. I love body oils, fyi.
- Cooper Bakeware Set – I’ve reached the point of weekend self-quarantine where I want to cook and bake more. Unfortunately, I don’t have all the bakeware I need, but the set from Ayesha Curry has all the basic and then some. Plus, it looks copper, which is apparently my color of the moment. Not mad.
I’m pretty sure that I’ve mentioned that I don’t have a go-to nightly skincare routine. Instead of using the same products, religiously every night, I instead listen to what my skin needs. There are days when my skin feels dry and I use hydrating products and get a little heavy handed with bedtime skin oil. However, I use the same nightly precleanse routine every night on days when I wear makeup.
What’s a precleanse routine? Well, it’s basically just removing your makeup before washing your face. Some people consider removing their makeup as part of their skincare routine, which it can be considered part of – not the cleansing part. I consider removing your makeup before washing your face the same as removing your clothes before taking a bath/shower. You need to remove to remove your clothes to wash your body. So, you need to remove your makeup in order to clean your face. Makes sense, right? Well, keep reading to see what I use and how.