May 2020 Lust-Have List
According to my calendar, it’s May 2020 and I believe it. April was definitely a odd month, because it was blur of confusion and reflection for me. You may have noticed I rarely posted last month, which was hard. However, I needed to take out the pressure creating content and focus that energy on my mental state. I tried post, but the creativity wasn’t flowing and that’s perfectly okay.
Although I’m not sure if or when I’ll pick up a regular blogging schedule, why not start with the May 2020 Lust-Have List.
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2020
- Puff Sleeve Ruffle Hem Wrap Dress – Personally, I don’t think I can own too many dresses. However, I can, because I rarely wear them. Still, when I do, they look very similar to this dress. I live for a cute wrap dress with feminine details.
- Flat Fur Slide Sandal – A cute slide with a simple fur detail? Sign me up. They come in pink, mint, and nude. I want them all, but going to go the safe route.
- Fenty Beauty Daiquiri Dip Cream Blush – Fenty Beauty just released their new cream blushes. I love red blushes and the Daiquiri Dip option looks perfect!
- Pastel Faux Python Tote – I tend to go for pastels more in the spring than summer. Unfortunately,we didn’t get to enjoy spring this year, but the faux python will be make this bag work for summer, too.
- BaubleBar x OMC iPhone Case – I finally made the switch from team Galaxy to team iPhone. Still not getting the hype, but everyone is telling me it will happen. One thing that has made me happy about the switch are these super cool cases from Bauble Bar x OMC. A neon phone case that I can put my absurd initials on is the vibe I want for Summer 2020. I mean, why not – other than the $78 price tag?!
April 2020 Lust-Have List
Honestly, the things that I mainly are the products my nail tech uses to do my nails. Unfortunately, I need a professional license to buy most of them and they aren’t cheap. Oh, and full of links to the gambit of face masks that everyone is making now, which is amazing. So, I decided to share some other products that you may interest you, too.
Actually, I’ve been very good on spending, but mostly buying groceries. Plus, I really haven’t been wanting much, because there is nowhere to go while looking cute. So, most of the things I want this month are things to hold me up while I wait for my hair stylist and nail tech to get off government punishment.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2020
- Reformation Open Back Side Slit Dress – Although, I don’t have anywhere to wear this dress, it’s going to be perfect for late Spring and Summer. That slit, though?! Love it. BONUS: It comes in regular and plus size!
- UGG Oh Yeah Slippers – I was never into these UGG slippers when I first saw them a couple of years, ago. However, these have become the unofficial lifestyle blogger quarantine house shoe. The more I’ve seen them, the more I want a pair in coral. I feel like I’m going to treat myself to these when I get paid.
- Color Depositing Mask in Bordeaux– I don’t think I ever shared over here, but I got my hair dyed a red/auburn color 2 weeks before the world shutdown. Of course, my hair has been growing like crazy since then and I can’t go get it retouched. I saw these color depositing masks and think they may be able to hold me up. because they are temporary. I’m going to ask my hair master first, but I hope she says I can try it. *fingers crossed*
- Niacinamide Gel Cream – My aging and sometimes acne-prone skin needs to add Niacinamide back to my routine. I usually use this ingredient via a serum. However, I saw it comes in gel cream formula, which will be great when my skin becomes more oily in the summer. Plus, it only costs $20!
What’s one thing self-care item that you would like to get this month? Share below.
Stained Couture Item of the Week: Urban Decay Brow Blade Ink Stain Brow Pencil
I’ve been feeling a little uncertain about posting content, because of the current state our world. However, for mental purposes, I need to create a sense of normality. So, here I am to talk about the latest beauty product that I’ve tried and obsessed with. The product that I’m speaking of is Urban Decay’s Brow Blade. Keep reading to see why this product has been rocking my world and struggling eye brows.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, folks. With everything going on in the world, it can be hard to come on here and share. Fortunately, my life hasn’t been altered too much, which I am more than grateful to be able to say. To help prevent me from getting sick, I’ve been self-medicating, healthy eating, and praying. It’s a weird and uncertain time we’re going through, but I have faith we will get through this. We’re going to be fine.
Still, it’s so important that we still remember to practice social distance, stay home whenever possible, and wash your hands frequently. In the meantime, here are some of my favorite articles I read this week. Some relevant to the current state of life with a mixture of good ol’ regular lifestyle content.
Here’s to a calming weekend at home!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: March 27, 2020
EMPTIES – February 2020 – all the products I used up in February 2020
The last few weeks have felt like we are on a snowball ride through hell, but here we are. Hopefully, everyone is taking all the precautions that they can, which can be hard. However, some of us still have to go to work and live the same life we’ve been living for years, but with extra sanitizers. I have to admit, trying to stay afloat on all the information that is constantly churning out has been exhausting. Now, I’m ready to get back to my usual stuff – sharing content.
So, keep reading to see all the products that I used up in February.