In case you aren’t aware, I’m not a full-time blogger. I make my money being a content developer for a medical software company; M-F 8-5. I used to think that I wanted to be a full-time blogger, but not anymore. First of all, your girl loves stability, which includes receiving a very generous paycheck twice a month post taxes and insurance deductions. However, I do love blogging more now that realized that I prefer to do this as a hobby. Therefore, my day in the life usually feature the same activities everyday, with some tweaks here and there.
Out of pure boredom and my end and maybe natural nosiness on yours, I’m sharing what I typically do on most workdays. Keep reading to read about a recent and very typical workday I had.
Occasionally, I get on a spell of constantly buying an item in different formulas, colors, and/or sizes. The latest victim of this spell was face masks and I have collected so many face masks over the past couple of weeks. I had so many various formulas that I could’ve spread them all over my bed and roll around in the. However, instead of that obvious bad idea, I wondered decided that I would treat myself and skin to face masks everyday. At the time, it sounded like the best idea, challenge, and #goal all wrapped up in one. Plus, I had countless jars, bottles, and packets of masks that I could use for this experiment of living my life to the fullest.
Before I entered into this luxurious sounding adventure, I made sure to simplify my skincare routine and made sure to stick to only face masks that I’ve either used before or from a brand that I trust. No new friends, indeed. Keep reading to see all of the masks and sheet masks that I slide over my face everyday for a week.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
I can’t believe that it’s already June, but I’m super glad it’s finally here. Mostly, I’m excited, because I’m scheduled to take a week off in a couple of weeks. Actually, a few people in the office are going to be in and out of the office this month. So, for the most part, this month should go pretty smoothly. *fingers crossed*
For the past few weeks, I’ve been focusing on simplifying some things in my life. Actually, I do this a couple of times a year, because it’s a quick way to refresh my life. Easy ways to simplify your life is meal prepping if you don’t mind eating the same thing everyday and use that extra time toward something you’re interested in doing. Currently, I’ve been obsessing over refreshing the look of my common living spaces; starting with the living room. The first thing I want to do is paint my living room and dining room white and build from. However, I need to first start removing everything from the living room and dining room, except for the sofa and TV.
This month’s Lust-have List features some simple items that I can include in my everyday life. Also, there are things that will help me to chill and vibe out with this summer.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2018
- Crosley Rainbow Holographic Cruiser Record Player – I feel like I’m one of the last people in the world to get a record player since they’ve returned. Actually, I ordered one, but it never came. Now, I feel like I need one like this holographic one from Urban Outfitters. It’s super cool and has bluetooth so you can play music from your devices.
- Noelle Slingback Sandal – I tend to only wear velvet in the fall and winter. However, I’m pretty obsessed with these pink velvet sandals from Madewell and think they’ll work all year.
- Buffy Comforter – My ideal sleep environment is soft and cool enough that I can still sleep under a comforter. Apparently, the Buffy comforter is not only soft, but has helps keep you cool and helps with inflammation, and soothes the skin.
- LORD JAMES All Natural CBD Gumdrops – Recently read a post on Into The Gloss featuring these CBD gumdrops. I forwarded the post to a friend who swears CBD drops help her sleep better. In return, she ordered her own box and gave me 2 to try. I was apprehensive about trying them, but they helped me sleep like slightly intoxicated baby.
- See by Chloe Leaf Pouch – I live for a cute and/or chic pouch and this one is the perfect combination of both. The contrasting color choice and the leaf shape is just all types of great.
- Love Signs ‘Libra’ Bracelet – To know me, is to know that I love anything personalized. If something has my initials or zodiac, it’s an instant want for me. So, this ‘Libra’ friendship bracelet from Love Is Project is a want.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday! Who else is super appreciative of having an extended weekend? I am, for sure! Not only is it Friday, the beginning of a 3-day weekend, but it’s also National Wine Day. Although I have a couple of options at the house, I’m thinking about linking up with a couple of girlfriends to go for some drinks and apps. If that doesn’t plan out, I’ll be drinking a glass of $5 wine from the comforts of my couch and watching Netflix. Actually, the latter sounds really appealing, too.
This is a 3-day weekend for most and a 4-day weekend for some, including yours truly. Today felt like a great day to take off, because my workload was really light and the weather looked really nice. So, I sent that “I’m taking a personal day” email to my team and didn’t think twice about it.
I’m laying low this weekend, because I declined to anything this weekend. Probably one of the smartest things I’ve done in awhile. On Monday, my sister and I plan to sit out and grill that morning and spend the rest of the day binging the new season of 13 Reason. I started watching the first episode, but digress in order for us to watch it together. I’ve been reading mixed reviews about this season, but I want to see it for myself.
There will not be an Item of the Week post due to Monday being Memorial Day. However, I’ll be back on Tuesday eating like a rabbit, because of all the smoked meat I plan to consume. I feel full just thinking about it. Ugh. Either way, I hope you all enjoy your weekend, but I’ll catch up with you next week.
UPDATE: (05/29/18)I decided to take a blog break this week, but I’ll be back on Monday, June 4 with June’s Lust-Have List. 🙂
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 25, 2018
For the past 10+ years, I’ve been the girl that usually goes with all white bed linens or soft solid colors. However, I’ve recently started to step put of my comforters comfort zone and explore different colors, prints, and textures. Actually, this is long overdue, because every adult woman should have a fabulous collections of beautiful bedding options. Well, that’s what I’ve been telling myself every time I wander upon some lovely high thread count Egyptian cotton or linen bedding that costs almost half of my paycheck.
Although I feel like I’ve been pinning a lot of bedding inspo, there have only been a few that have totally taken my heart. I shared a couple of them below.