Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
Here we go! The final Lust-Have list of 2018!
Some people tend to feel a little pressured at the beginning of December. Usually, because there’s a mad dash feeling of having to deal with final touched of holiday stuff, meeting goals, and getting prepared for a new year. I’m usually that person, but not this year. Although I’ve barely touched my shopping list and still haven’t found a new place to move, I feel very calm. I guess because I know that I will finish my Christmas shopping on time and find the right place for me at the right time. There’s no need to stress. At some point, you have realize that everything works itself out in the end. You just have to keep doing what you’re doing for the good of the fight.
Well, that was quick Word that I wasn’t planning on sharing, but I guess someone needed to hear that at this moment.
Back to what I want this month. I’ve been walking this tightrope of wanting to step my game up and getting out of my comfort level. However, I also love being cozy and comfortable. So, the things I want this month are a mixture of both. Keep reading to see the things I want to keep straddling the fence.
LUST-HAVE LIST: December 2018
- Face Halo Makeup Remover Pads – I occasionally get suckered into wanting something I saw on Instagram. The latest thing that sucker punched me while scrolling are these Face Halo makeup remover wipes. I recently stopped using face wipes, but I miss the ease of using wipes and being done. For these, all you have to do is add water to the pad and use it to wipe the makeup off your face. I’ve watched a few videos of these bad boys in action and they seem to do a better job than most wipes. You still need to double cleanse your face, though.
- Glitter Poppy Moc Slippers – Moccasin slippers are my favorite form of slippers, because they don’t look too much like slippers when you run to the corner store to pick up a candy bar when “Aunt Flo” is in town. Why glitter? Why not glitter?! Plus, they look cozy AF!
- Fluffy Red Cardigan – Speaking of looking cozy, doesn’t this fluffy cardigan look like a soft blanket with sleeves? Well, maybe not considering that’s what a Snuggie is, but this cardigan is a lot cuter.
- Black Wide Fit Knee High Boots – It can be hard to find cute over-the-knee boots when you have legs like a oak tree. However, the back of these boots are all elastic. I think this are a winner!
- Joyful: The Surprising Power of Ordinary Things to Create Extraordinary Happiness – I’m a legit happy person for the most part. Being happy is one of my favorite characteristics and you can never have too much happiness. I’ve read some great reviews about this book and it sounds like a book I would write. So, I need to read this. Right?!
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Well, we’re almost at the finish line for 2018. I still can’t believe that Christmas is less than a month away and a whole new year will be here in a month. Although I know feel that I have accomplished everything I wanted to by the end of the year, I feel good.
Have you finished your Christmas shopping? Me, I’ve barely made a scratch, but I plan to do some of it this weekend. Personally, I blame the weather, because it’s just been too cold to be out for too long. First, I need to write out my Christmas list to see who else I need to buy gifts for, but that will wait until tonight. Tonight, after work, my dad wants my siblings and I to come over. I think he wants to do surprise Santa this year and we may be drawing names tonight. I’m pretty sure this will get the ball rolling on my Christmas shopping.
I hope you all have a great weekend and stop by next week to see what else is in my mind. 🙂
LINK-END ROUND-UP: November 30, 2018
During the holidays, it can be a very hectic time. You’re trying to juggle work, family, and daily responsibilities while having to do holiday shopping, possible traveling, and meeting end-of-the year deadlines. It can be very overwhelming and makes it hard to take care of your self. However, during these times, it’s important to find moments to take care of YOU. Self-care during holidays is a must, especially if you want to get through them unscathed and mentally intact.
If you have already been dealing with some stress or anxiety this holiday season, I have some easy ways to help you relax and partake in some good old self-care during holidays and whenever. Keep reading for more!
When the weather gets colder, everything gets drier. This is very true for hair and especially thick and/or color-treated hair. When it comes to thick and/or color-treated hair, you need products that clean your hair and scalp without stripping it. Unfortunately, most shampoos do that without even trying. A couple of weeks ago, after getting my color touched up and an amazing scalp treatment, I still encountered some flakes on my scalp. However, I realized that the cold weather played a part in it, too. So, I had to find the right winter hair care routine for my thick, color-treated hair and fast!
After dealing with an avalanche of scalp snow dropping on my shoulders, I believe that I’ve found the right products to clean my hair. If you’ve been having a problem creating a winter hair care routine that cleans your hair without stripping it of it’s natural oils or your color, then keep reading. One of all of these products might be exactly what you need.
For the past few years, I’ve had a couple of homes to stop by on Thanksgiving. Between me and you, I would rather just spend the day at home and deciding if I’m going to go Black Friday shopping. However, family expects you to drop by every year or they will drop shady comments to you on Christmas. So, I’m getting ready for Thanksgiving 2018!
My sister and I go to our brother’s house that morning for he and my sister-in-law’s annual sibling meal. We gorge for an hour while eating and mentally preparing to go to the big family dinner later that day. This year, my sister and I wanted to skip the big family one, but a lot of family haven’t seen the new baby, yet. Since I’m her ride, I have to go, too. *insert eyeroll*
So, to make the best out of a less than wanted situation, my preferred Thanksgiving outfit is usually casual cute, but nothing too tight. It works for me every year and makes me feel like I’m doing something right. The same rules apply this year; low key comfy and high key cute.