Yes, it’s September, my favorite month! So, let’s welcome this month with the September 2016 Lust-Have List. In case you didn’t know why September is my favorite month, it’s because the first first official day of Fall (my favorite season) begins on September 22 and then 4 days later is my birthday on September 26th. Although I’m not into making a big deal for or on my birthday, I’m always appreciative that I’m able to say I made it to another year on this earth. This year, I’m turning 35. OMG, I can’t believe it! Glad to make it to 35, but I really can’t believe it.
So, since it is my birthday month and the welcoming of fall, the September edition of the Lust-Have List is usually a birthday wishlist and foreshadowing of things I’m going to be into for fall. This year is no different. Please enjoy the September 2016 Lust-Have List/ My Birthday Wishlist.
It’s already August?! Seriously, I feel like I skipped a month, because it seems too early for it to be August. Oh well, it’s here as well as the Lust-Have List for August 2016. I actually low-key love the month of August. This month, a few family members and friends have birthdays, the weather begins to slightly (and I do mean slightly) cools down a smidge, and all the back-to-school sales are popping. Although I don’t have any kids, I love any time of year that allows me to go hard at some sales.
Oh! Someone digitally tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that I haven’t sent out a newsletter with my monthly eStylist look in a while. I checked and “a while” is about 6 months. Wow. I was so shocked and disappointed in myself when I saw it has been that long. Therefore, if you are subscribed to my newsletter (FYI, you should be!), you might want to look out for an “old friend” to pop up in your inbox some time this week. Probably sooner than you think. If you aren’t signed up, you can easily do so in the sidebar. Hint: Glance to the right.
Here’s to a great August!
New month and new Lust-Have List! July is the first official month of the second half of the year, which means we are half way finish with 2016. Crazy talk, I tell ya! Still, like the beginning of every new month, I get excited for all the upcoming things planned for the month. In my circle of family and friends, from July 9-21, I know someone who has a birthday EACH DAY. Needless to say, I have a couple of birthday dinners and festivities penciled in my planner for the next upcoming weeks. FYI, for gifts, I give gift cards or wine. Pick your poison.
Here’s to a great month full of success, health, and happiness.
I’m still feeling the endless servings of grilled meats, heavy sides, decadent desserts, and strong summer cocktails I inhaled during Memorial Day weekend. Ugh. I feel a fast coming on, because I can’t phantom eating anything except veggies and water.
Although it won’t technically be summer for a few more weeks, most people think of MWD weekend as the kick-off for summer. Even this morning when I took my dogs outside, it smelt like summer thanks to the faint hint of humidity from a light rain and dewy grass. The smell instantly took me back to my childhood summer memories of waking up at the crack of mid-morning and getting up in time to catch an episode of The Jerry Springer Show and a bowl of cereal before spending the rest of the day doing almost nothing. I miss those days. I miss those days even more when I find myself zombie-style walking to my car in the morning to go to work. #TheStruggleIsReallyReal
Anyway, we made it to June and I have quite a few plans this month. For a regular, smegular girl who usually doesn’t have much to do in the summer other than complain about the humid heat, my calendar is filling up with lunch dates with girlfriends, meetings, and typical summer festivities. A couple of months ago, I decided that I wanted to make more efforts to curate and grow my friendships. I value all of my relationships, personal and business, so I need to treat them as such. FYI, you should, too!
In this month’s edition of Lust-Have List, it’s very indicative of my planning for a laid-back summer. Enjoy and here’s to summer!
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2016
- Alice.D Large Tote – It’s official, I’m obsessed with large, well-crafted, minimalist totes. This one from Alice.D has been on my “I need that ASAP!” list for a couple of months now. It’s chic and comfortably slouchy. Plus, it comes with a shoulder strap option. Can I marry this bag, move to Bali, and live off the things we grow on our land? Dreaming hardcore.
- Juicero – My “Aunt Dot” came into town a couple of weeks ago and knocked me off my track of improving my health and fitness and this past holiday weekend didn’t help at all. However, I recently got back on track thanks to trips to my favorite pressed juice bar after early morning hikes. However, it would be so much more awesome if I could press my juices…at home. Juicero is genius (and pricey) and the first at-home cold-press juicing system. Definitely worth saving up for, if you crave and buy cold-pressed juice as much as I have been lately.
- Joie ‘Pippi’ Leather Sandals – A tangerine shoe always looks amazing paired against most skin, especially in the summertime. This frilly leather sandal from Joie is also available in the never fail shade of black, but the tangerine is just too perfect for the season.
- Chiffon Beach Dress – I’m beginning to plot out my summer getaways and I’ve been looking for a cute swimsuit coverup that doesn’t look like a swimsuit coverup. This one by ASOS curve is perfect. Lightweight, simple print, and can double as a dress (with the right undergarments or swimsuit) for hot summer nights.
- DevaCurl SuperCream Coconut Curl Styler – As usual for the summer, I tend to rock my natural curls more, which causes me to try and buy multiple products for curly hair. I recently got a free sample of DevaCurl’s Coconut Cream Styler when I purchased their One Decadence conditioner and this styling cream was amazing! It defined and elongated my curls without the crunchy feel that most curly styling products leave. Plus, the smell of coconut in the air from your hair is a nice bonus.
Okay, I seriously slipped up on catching the first day of May. I want to blame it on the fact that I was so occupied with avoiding meat, dairy, and carbs while trying to catch every festival that came to town and getting to the farmer’s market in time to get a prime parking spot. #SpringTimeStruggles
I guess you can say that I had a casually hectic April, if that makes any type of sense. Still, it was pretty great and I’m so happy to see another month, especially May. The month of May is a very nostalgic month. Since I have friends who have kids graduating from high school and a couple of friends who are receiving their Master’s, I’ve caught myself, on more than one occasion, reminiscing about my high school and college graduations way back in the day. Those moments will always be happy moments, no matter how many decades pass…LOL.
In the meantime, please check out the things that I’m lusting for in May.
LUST-HAVE LIST: May 2016
- Origins By All Greens Foaming Deep Cleansing Mask – When the temps get warmer, my skin gets oilier. Foaming cleansers and deep cleansing masks are usually my go-to products when this happens. So, to see the two combined in one product from one of my favorite skincare brands makes this automatic “must buy”.
- Jacquie Aiche JA Crystal Wrap Necklace – You can never go wrong with a casual chic necklace for spring, like this wrap necklace fromJacquie Aiche. You can wrap and work it to your desired length and vibe. Personally, I love the long and delicate look, but I would love to see it wrapped all the up to choker length.
- Junarose Palm Print Playsuit -My sister has been on a romper buying spree and it is starting to rub off on me. However, unlike her, I’m into rompers that are an easy option for work or play in the hot months. I love the fun and fluid vibes of palm print and casual Friday-friendly details, including pockets and button up front.
- Loeffler Randall ‘Luz’ Tassel Sandal -Tassels details are big this season, especially on shoes. However, this nude, block heel, lace-up sandal, with tassels might sound “too busy”, but is actually the perfect blend of trendy and chic.
- Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists – I love lists! I write them everyday to help me journal and complete daily tasks. This book goes even further and asks you to list key things from your life to help you ultimately create your autobiograpgy….in list form. I getting this book!
There you have it, this month’s Lust-Have List, even though it’s a little late this month.