ITEM OF THE WEEK is a weekly series on Stained Couture that highlights a product I’m currently loving. This week: Gimme Brow Volumizing Brow Gel
This week’s Item of the Week is a very interesting pick for me, because I initially regretted this purchase. So much so, that this brow gel lived untouched in my makeup collection for months before I gave it another try. However, now that I’ve learned to use and love this product, it’s worthy of being an item of the week. Keep reading to see how this escalated.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
It’s June and I’m so anxious for this month, because I have a feeling some major things are going to happen in my life this month. Well, I’m praying for some big BIG things to move in my life this month. Even they don’t, the reason won’t be have anything to do with my grind.
Other than working my butt off, I really want to become more mindful of my feelings. Since I try to avoid conflict as much as possible, sometimes I suppress my feelings just to remove myself from any possible. Unfortunately, those feelings and thoughts can linger with me days after the conversation has ended. So, yeah, being more verbal with how people make me feel is something I’m working on for June.
Another thing I’m working on is trying to perfect my cool, relax looks for the summer. This is going to be one super hot summer and I’m just trying to look as cute as I can fighting a stream of sweat from rolling my face. Keep reading to see what items I’m coveting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: June 2019
- Inst-Grip Jelly Makeup Primer – Since I’ve realized that Dermablend makeup is pretty amazing, I’ve been wanting to try more from them. Theire new primer is at the top of the list. What has interested me is that it’s a jelly primer and I love the pump applicator.
- Mamonde Deep Pore Cleanser Stick – A couple of years ago, I was obsessed with face cleansing sticks, but it’s been a while since I used. I’ve been having some congestion on my cheeks, which is caused from make-up setting up shop in my large pores. So, I’m itching to try this deep cleansing stick from the K-Beauty brand, Mamonde.
- Melissa Papete + Rider Sandals – Ever since I saw Derria of What Would Derria Wear these sandals in yellow and neon orange, I’ve been obsessed with them. Unfortunately, I can’t find them in my size in that color combo. I’m still looking, but I do fancy them in the white and clear vinyl colorways, too. Plus, it has a gentle trim of yellow, which I love.
- Vinyl Shopper – I feel like I’ve been eyeing cute vinyl bags for years, but I still haven’t bought one. Maybe this vinyl shopper from Zara will break the curse. I the juxtaposition of a clean design paired with a interesting smoky pink vinyl material. Plus, I love how you can remove the strap carry it as a satchel.
- Beyond The Stars Bun Pin – If you ever run into me on any given day, there’s a 99% chance that my hair will be in some form of a bun. So, since I can’t give up this lazy girl hairstyle, I might as well glam it up a bit. Kitsch, the online mecca of cute hair accessories, have these gorgeous bun pins. You can style that bun on the crown of your head with an accessory that looks like a crown. So adorable.
In the comment section, share one thing that you’ve been eyeing and want to get this month.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Happy Friday, friends!
Not only is it the last day of the work week, but also the last day of the month. This month has been a rollercoaster for me, but it’s definitely been a learning experience. Personally, I feel like I’ve experienced every emotion, other than grief, this month. However, in hindsight, I feel that this month set me up to experience some really good things. Unfortunately, the not knowing is stressing me out, but it’s part of the process.
So, this weekend is my 20th high school reunion, but I’m not sure how much I’m going to participate. The festivities kick off tonight, but it’s at a club and I don’t do clubs. I’m really trying to urge me to go to picnic tomorrow, but I really don’t want to go. So, I’m going to have to find someone to convince me to go. I’m pretty sure my sister will get me to go.
To be honest, I think I need a day to sit in peace and to myself. It’s one of the things I do to strengthen my mental health. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able get a day off for a few more days.
To end this on a positive note, I hope you all get some rest this weekend and enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: May 31, 2019
So, this weekend is my 20 year high school reunion and I’ve been in awe that 20 years has passed by was so fast. When I think about what was going on in my mind 20 years ago, I was probably what my life was going to be like now. If I could go back 20 years to answer some questions for 17 year old me, I would have so much to tell her. However, I believe that I would want her to know that she will be okay.
Therefore, I decide to share 20 things that I wish I knew 20 years, which you can find after the jump.
I love beauty products! One of my favorite hobbies is buying, trying, and experimenting with different products. When I find a way to incorporate a new product into one of my routines; I feel accomplished. However, over the past couple of years, I’ve become more mindful of hoarding so many products. Usually, when I can’t make a product work for my skin, I find a friend or family member that might enjoy them. However, there are some products that I don’t necessarily “hoard”, but just don’t use that much.
There are numerous reasons why I’ve been mindful of having too many products without using them. Maybe I do use them, but only use them during certain temperatures. However, the main reason I don’t use them is because they just don’t work as well as I would like. So, I recently started to make an effort to use some of these products up, because my skin doesn’t hate them. They just could’ve been a little better.
Keep reading to see the three latest beauty products I’ve been trying to use up and why. You might’ve seen a couple of them on here before.