After years of contemplating, I finally started the process of lightening my hair. I started my getting highlighters throughout my hair and have the final session at the beginning of June to finish the process. The weeks leading up to this had me deep conditioning like crazy to help enure my hair would be strong enough. When dying your hair, especially when going lighter, you need to make sure your hair is strong and in good condition. The best way to do this is to use deep conditioners after washing your hair once a week.
As a firm believer in the power of weekly deep conditioning, I have a few go-to deep conditioners that I use. Which DC I use depends on the state of my hair, such as if it’s dry, weak, and/or curly. If your interested in what deep conditioners rock my world and tresses, then keep reading.
Stained Couture’s monthly series, Lust-Have List, features items I’m wanting this month.
Happy April! New month, new wants! As I mentioned on Friday, I’m trying to be more mindful with my spending, which has made me very selective of things I buy. I try to only things that I need and will get my money’s worth. For the month of April, I’m only wanting things that I know I will wear and/or use regularly. Also, nothing in this month’s Lust-Have List is over $70, which makes me smile.
Keeping to get all the details on what items I’m wanting this month.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2018
- Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum – I’ve been really enjoying trying Clinique makeup as of recently, which has made me want to dabble in their skincare. I’m currently on the market for a new serum. This Clinique serum is designed to help refine the appearance of pores, which is always a goal for me.
- ‘Love More’ Nameplate Necklace – Spring is when I love to layer thin necklaces and this nameplate style one would be a cute addition. Plus, it’s under $20!
- Benefit Blush Bar Cheek Palette – I really became addicted to blushes during the cold, colorless months and this blush palette has all the shades that work for me. Plus, a perfectly blushed cheek in the right shade of pink is unstoppable.
- Lolitta Flats in light pink – Last summer, I wanted a pair of feathery shoes, but I couldn’t find a pair that didn’t look too fancy for casual slay. However, this pair from Aldo are as simple as feather shoes can be, but they are also flats. I visualize pairing them with a pair of cropped raw edge denim.
- Orange Print Button-Front Dress – In the spring, I can’t have too many dresses. I love casual dresses with a cute print like this orange printed one from Forever 21. This dress is so cute and I can wear all the way to fall.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Wow, this is the last LERU for March 2018. Time sure does fly when you’re too busy to remember what day it is. This week, actually all month, has been hectic. However, it’s finally coming to a halt. Yesterday, after weeks of daily stress and doing overtime on the weekend, I finished the project for work. UGH!! That was me releasing the biggest sigh you can imagine. I got through it!
It’s Easter weekend, which means I’ll be going to church tonight, tomorrow and Sunday morning. Unfortunately, I still haven’t even figured out what I’m wearing. I leaning toward a wearing a floral dress for Easter and there are a few that I have my eye on. However, if I don’t find one, I have a couple of option already in my closet. Honestly, I don’t need to buy a new dress anyway, because I’ve been trying to be more mindful of my spending. Improving my financial skills is always a constant work in progress, but I’m getting better each quarter.
I plan to take a couple of days off next week, because I have some self-care. On Tuesday, I have a hair appointment to start the process of going lighter. I’ve been toying with going lighter with my hair for a couple of years now, but chickened out. However, I’m ready now and just in time for spring and super excited.
Here’s to Good Friday, a blessed weekend, and see ya next week!
LINK-END ROUND-UP: March 30, 2018
Spring is here and all I’ve been wanting to do is add spring-worthy pieces to my closet. In my opinion, the best way to transition your wardrobe from season to the next is with accessories. So, that’s why I’m starting with adding handbags for spring to my life.
To see what bags I’m leaning into this season, keep reading.
When I wake up in the morning, I always aspire to have a good day. Even if I know I have a half finished project with an aggressive due date waiting for me at work; I’m waking up with the notion that the day will be great. In order for me to feel like the day is going to be good, it takes a little mind tricking some simple steps. By doing these basic and simplistic tips, my day gets off to a good start.
I know, you can’t guarantee you have a good day, but you can remove some of the potential ways to have a bad day. Keep reading to see what I do daily to help me have a good day.