LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2022
Sorry for the delay, but April started off a little hectic for me. For one, I started my new position at my job, which I’m super excited about. However, the first task of my position was to find and hire a new employee to take over some of my last responsibilities. Well, I found someone and they started on April 1st and I’ve been training them – so far so good.
Speaking of training, I’m ready to start going on my morning walks again. Last summer, I started going on morning (and some evening) walks to help with my mental health. I started with 15-20 minute walks around my neighborhood, but eventually started doing 30-45 minutes walks along a walking path in a near by park. All those inclines had my butt and legs starting to look right. I haven’t been walking since September and I think my body misses it. So, I’ve been trying to do daily stretches so that I can ease back into them. I’m excited and will hopefully start my walks in the next few days.
Another reason I think it’s time to go back walking is because the weather has been so nice. There have been some rain here and there, but those perfectly warm sunny days make you forget about those. So, the things I’m wanting this month are very spring and summer vibes. So, check out my wants in this month’s Lust-Have List.
LUST-HAVE LIST: April 2022
- Truly Black Jelly Blemish Treatment – I’ve been experiencing some breakouts on my body and want to give this Truly body serum a chance.
- Skinny Coach Wallet – I love the convenience of my key chain wallet, but I’m looking for something a little larger. Loving the thin, chic look of this wallet from Coach. Functional, but not bulky.
- Lace Up Sandals – Personally, I think every woman needs a strappy flat lace up sandal and these from Marc Fisher are perfect.
- Boxy Straw Tote – Spring means it’s time to break out the straw bags. The box shape of this bag is everything to me right now. I want it!
- Winky Lux pH Lip Balm – Still shocked I haven’t tried anything from winky lux, but this pH lip balm may have to be my first try.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: March 11, 2022
Happy Friday! Hope you had a great week, because mine was pretty good. Nothing special happened, but the weather was kind of crappy here in Memphis. Last week was amazing, though! Technically, it’s not Spring yet, but it sure did feel like it. It was sunny and highs in the 70s all week, which is just what I needed. There is just something about idyllic Spring weather that does something to me. Even the mail man at my job said that I was glowing and looked “radiant”, which placed a huge smile on my face. Compliments are still top tier. So, give them out whenever you can.
Unfortunately, this past week of rain, clouds, and cold temperatures was unfortunate.
As for this weekend, I hope I got all the good weather serotonin that I could this week, because it’s supposed to kind gloomy. Luckily, that makes it the perfect weather to start preparing for spring cleaning. My apartment needs an intense deep clean, which has been long overdue. First up being my bathroom, which I’m so embarrassed to say. Usually, I’m very intent on making sure that my bathroom is always clean and disinfected, but I’ve been dropping the ball. So, that’s first on my list and I have all the cleaning products ready.
Here’s to a weekend filled with a cleaning frenzy with preparations for spring vibes. Check out the reads in this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: March 4, 2022
EMPTIES: February 2022
As you can see, I didn’t really use up that many products last month. Still, they are all worth sharing. So, keep reading to see what products I used up last month and my final take.
First up is the Benefit Precisely My Brow eyebrow pencil in the shade 2.75. Now, this my favorite eyebrow pencil, because it does a great job at filling in my brows with a natural look. However, this was a new shade for me, because my hair is more red/copper now. That’s also the reason I bought the mini size, because I didn’t need a full-size. Well, I was wrong, because this didn’t last as long I think it should’ve – I didn’t use much. The product and results were still great, which is why I will be rebuying in a full-size next time.
Next up is Mary Kay matte finish setting spray, which was actually pretty good. This spray is by the former it finishing spray brand Skindinavia, which probably explains why it was so good. Although it mattifying product, it didn’t make my skin feel dry, which is a problem that some matte sprays do to my skin. So, this is a winner in my book and I would buy it again if I’m approached my another Mary Kay seller.
Next up is the Lancome’ eyelash primer, which is one of my favorite eye products. This primer helps all my mascaras work a little better and staying on longer. Plus, it makes the mascara pop against my eyes, which can be hard to do with my straight lashes. I love this primer so much that I buy it in 2s.
Finally, is the Trader Joe’s Lemongrass body oil, which took me months to use. I bought this product because the girls in the Black Girl Trader Joe’s group was hyping this up like crazy. Unfortunately, for me, it smells just like lemon Pledge wood cleaner. I love almost anything lemon flavored or scented, but this definitely needed to be combined with another scent. Smelling like a freshly dusted coffee table is not my vibe. So, I will not buy this again if/when they bring it back out in the summer.
See anything in this month’s EMPTIES post that you’ve been wanting to try or have tried? Share below.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2022
If you’re ready this, that means World War III hasn’t popped off, yet! So, welcome to March 2022! The weather has been feeling very springy and it has me getting hyped to get ready for warm weather. Since I am one purge to purge my closet regularly, my clothing options are becoming more and more bleak. So, some point this month, I will have to start buying new pieces. Also, I recently renewed my lease for another year – the increase was 10%, which is decent considering some of the horror stories of rent increases I’ve read. So, I’m ready to start doing some decorating in my place.
For the most part, my living room is pretty complete, but just missing some small details. However, my dining room is not a dining room, but instead a big bare space behind my sofa. As you will see, I think I’ve found a good dining room table to get the momentum going. After that, everything else will hopefully fall into place. To find out the details about this potential dining table and other things I’ve been eyeing, keep reading.
LUST-HAVE LIST: March 2022
- Diablo Lashlift Starter Kit – In March of 2020, I was going to get my lashes lifted for the first time, but pandemic happened. I have sensitive eyes with straight lashes. So, I think a lash lift is better for me than lash extensions, which makes me glad that at-home lash lift kits are a thing. This one from Diablo has everything you need to lift your lashes at the house.
- Topicals High Roller Ingrown Hair Tonic – Since I have curly hair, I get ingrown hairs everywhere. So, this new roller tonic for ingrown hairs by Topicals is high on my list. I love what Topicals has been doing in the beauty space.
- DOCKSTA dining table – I’ve been eyeing circle tables that seat 4 and this one from IKEA seems perfect. At first, I was leaning towards the white version, but I think will work better for the vision I have for that area.
- Skin Gym LED Mask – I’m long overdue for a LED mask and I’m feeling this pink one from Skin Gym. I picture me laying in bed, scrolling TikTok while this mask attempts to work magic.
- Electric Maninure/Pedicure Set – During the pandemic I learned to do my own nails and bought a simple LED dryer and electric drill. However, I want to upgrade my tools and want to start with this gorgeous white and gold drill. Plus, it’s cordless! Getting it.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 18, 2022
Happy Friday, friends! Hope you had a great week, because mine was pretty decent. However, I’m super glad the weekend is here so that I can rest my body and mind. What’s been so amusing to me is that I don’t really do anything on the weekend, but they have been feeling so long. Not sure if that’s a good or bad thing, but it’s a thing. LOL
One of thing I’m doing this weekend is to finally start the new season of Love is Blind, because I’ve been waiting. My BFF has already started and has me excited to finally start it. Also, it’s NBA All-Star weekend, which I enjoy. So, needless to say, me and my sofa are going to be real close this weekend.
Here’s to a weekend full of peace and kindness to you and others. I hope you enjoy this week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: February 11, 2022