I’m still a little in awe that this year and decade (to most) is almost over. Yep, tomorrow is New Years Eve. When the date changes at midnight to a new year, I plan to be doing the same thing I’ve been doing the past few years – deep in sleep. It’s my favorite tradition as an adult, but I know that most people will be partaking in fun and festive things. I’m sure that most of those people have been planning for this night for weeks and already have their outfits dangling in their closet. Yet, I’m also sure there are some people still in the dark on what they are wearing, which is why I’m here with a easy last minute NYE outfit.
I picked pieces that you can find in a local store. Who knows, maybe you already have something similar in your closet. Keep reading to get all the info about the pieces featured, including where to buy them.
eSTYLIST: Last Minute NYE Outfit
- Sequin Dress – Anytime sequins is an appropriate option – go for it! Well, that’s my new motto from here out. These dark green number from H&M isn’t too revealing, but subtly sexy thanks to lowered back and length. This dress also comes in red/black, but the dark green looks more versatile for formal dinners and future holiday parties.
- Simple Silver Strappy Evening Shoe – Personally, I think you can rock this dress with a black pump or gold evening heel. However, I love the way this simple silver strappy number compliments this dress without taking away from it. You can find this shoe at Macy’s and it’s on sale for $25 and comes in extended width options. Plus, it’s a good shoe to keep in your closet, much like the dress.
- Sequin Clutch – Although this clutch is sequined, as well, it’s not too overbearing. So, it won’t clash with an all sequin dress.
- Rhinestone Hoop Drop Earrings – I would avoid wearing a necklace with an all sequin dress. Instead, I would opt for large hoops or drop earrings, like this rhinestone pair from Forever 21.
Stained Couture’s weekly series, Link-End Round-Up, features interesting reads I read from around the internet this week.
Yay! We survived the longest Christmas season EVER! Well, I guess, if Christmas is your “thing” and would like for it to last as long as possible, then this was your year. Of course, Christmas felt longer this year than most, because all the Christmas decoration were set up in stores and the yearly Christmas stations in were in full swing by Halloween. In 2020, I hope they prolong the Christmas vibes and decor until at least the week before Thanksgiving. I might need to start a partition.
Anyway, just as much as I was ready for Christmas to come and go, I have that same anxious energy for 2020 to come through. I know that a new year doesn’t have to be the reason to start fresh, but I prefer it. My 2020 was a big ol’ bag of emotions and experiences that I DID NOT want to go through. However, in hindsight, I now know I needed to go through them in order to know that I can withstand a lot of unexpected circumstances that are out of my control. I think I’ll elaborate more on that in my ‘Hey, 2020!’ post coming next week.
Yes, I know I haven’t posting as much as I used and would like to, but I’m ready to get my butt back into the grind of writing. Like, I really miss it – REALLY miss it. I just haven’t been really good with managing my time, but I plan to make it a top priority for me in 2020.
I hope you enjoy this
month’s week’s Link-End Round-Up.
LINK-END ROUND-UP: December 27, 2019
STAINED COUTURE’S Holiday Gift Guide 2019 – Fun Gifts for All
Happy final Friday before Christmas! At the last possible minute, I decide to do one more gift guide. This will probably be my last gift guide of the season and I sure hope so. I don’t know about ya’ll, but I’m ready for Christmas to come and leave. Usually, the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas zooms by – not this year. To me, it feels like Thanksgiving was 2 months ago and not just a few weeks ago.
Anyway. My final gift guide is a small list of fun items for almost anyone on your list. PLUS, you can find most of them on Amazon for fast shipping before Christmas. If not, you may find some similar gifts locally. Take a look and get some last minute inspiration.
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2019: Fun Gift for All
- Margarita Glass Bottle – I thought that this glass bottle was so cute! Perfect for that person on your list that lives for #TacoTuesday.
- Gradient Jigsaw Puzzle – We need to bring puzzles back, because they can be distracting – in a good way. The person who loves to find away to unwind with something relaxing like a book or adult coloring books would love this puzzle. Plus, the final product would make a great piece of instant art to hang on the wall.
- Polaroid Festive Starter Set – When Polaroid cameras came back a couple of years ago, I was stoked. They are the perfect mix of retro vibes and fun times. Everybody from a selfie-taking-lover to a person that loves nostalgia would love to get this camera kit.
- Glass Monopoly board game – Speaking of retro, Monopoly will always be a top favorite family game to play for all ages. It’s even better to play as an adult, because you now know the value in real estate. As a child, it was just nice to get colorful fake money from your parents landing on your property with a billion hotels on it. This glass version of the iconic game looks more luxe, but just as fun for everyone.
- Taco vs Burrito game – Who doesn’t look a silly game that all ages can play? Well, I do and this Taco vs Burrito is all the right blend of stupid and silly, but not childish.
I don’t know about you, but I’m so ready for the holidays to be OVAH! Of course, I love the holidays, because it usually comes with days off of work and gifts. Still, it can be draining and all I want to do is find and try all of the things to help me relax during the holidays.
Usually toward the end of the year, I feel like a snowball rolling down a hill. Everything is going fast and I’m just waiting for it to end. Thankfully, I know a few tricks and things to help me relax after a long day of work or whatnot. Interested? Well, keep reading and scrolling.
STAINED COUTURE’S Holiday Gift Guide 2019 – Beauty Gadgets
Have some beauty and skincare lovers, but need some ideas? I got you! Keep reading to see some of my favorite beauty gadgets that will make awesome gifts.