It’s that time of the year when the days are getting shorter and I’m holed up in my house stalking my weather app for the arrival of cool and crisp temperatures. Yes, fall is approaching and I’m feening for it! I can’t wait to break out my cardigans, heavy knit dresses and tights (NOT leggings).
So, I’ve accumulated a fall intense list of items I’m lusting for this month.
- Christian Louboutin ‘Rouge Louboutin’ nail polish, $50, Nordstrom – I can’t fathom paying $50 for a manicure, let alone a polish, but Christian Louboutin is releasing his first nail color this month in a bright red, which is the same hue as the sole of his iconic shoes. I’m definitely curious to get a bottle. (PLUS, that bottle looks INSANE!)
- Sabine Double Link Necklace, $64, Piperlime – I’m not really a fan of silver jewelry, but I love the look of the black and silver link necklaces together. This necklace is a great piece to tie a plain outfit together or add a little edge to a soft look.
- Rebecca Minkoff Leo Pouch in Leopard, $95, ShopBop – Leopard print is a neutral print to me, because it practically goes with any color and adds a subtle pop when added in the form of an accessory, such as this sleek pouch from Rebecca Minkoff. This piece might become your BFF for a night on the town.
- Striped Scoop-Neck Jersey Dress, $29.94, Old Navy – I saw the navy/orange version of this dress this weekend while shopping during tax-free weekend and I was so mad that I didn’t buy it, but I’m glad I didn’t, because I would much rather get this black and tan version. Perfect for fall and winter.
- Kara Chain Loafers, $120, Topshop – I’m really trying to fall back from wearing too many flats, but these oxford loafers are too amazing. I love the detail of the thin gold chain between the upper and sole of the shoe.
- Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Cream, $38, Sephora – I’m in the market for a new eye cream and I’ve heard this one is great to help brighten, hydrate, and firm the underye area. Just what I need!
- Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, $89.50, Clinique – My skin has always gotten along with Clinique products, especially their 3-Step Skin system. So, I’m definitely curious to try out their new skin cleansing brush. I hear the brush is super soft and gentle, but very effective in removing dirt and makeup from your skin.
I’ve been feeling so lazy and sluggish as of recently. Maybe it’s because I’m in need of a vacay, maybe it’s the increase in the heat, or maybe it’s just because I haven’t been to the gym in ages, which will end tomorrow morning as I have decided to rekindle the early morning burn sessions with my former trainer. Anyway, I’m tired and I’m a little glad the season of less and being laid back has returned. So, here are some things that I’m lusting for this month.
- MOTO Vintage Denim Jacket, $80, TopShop – Seriously, you should already have a simple and vintage looking denim jacket in your possession or at least know you need one and are currently looking for one. Well, look no further that this one by MOTO from TopShop. It’s has that fitted shape and lovingly well-worn vintage-y look that you should hope to find in a denim jacket this season. Plus, because it’s so classic, you can wear it for years and years and it will never look outdated.
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters, $8, Local Drugstores – I’m addicted to Revlon Lip Butters. Not only do that help hydrate your lips, but they are also pigmented with enough color to let you build up to the shade you want. Currently, I only them in Tutti Fruti, Sweet Tart, and Creamsicle, but I plan on getting them all. However, I don’t know if I’ll love any of the colors as much as I love Sweet Tart. It’s such a pretty “Barbie” pink. Love it.
- Le Messager, $425, Yiliy – My obsession with tote bags has been put off to the side thanks to my new found love of shoulder bags, which has led me to love the “swing action” on my shoulder. However, I’ve been on the hunt for a clean and chic tan messenger style shoulder bag for warm spring days when my go-to big black bag is too dark. Yiliy’s Le Messager in Taro is pretty much perfection in regards to what I was looking for in a bag. It’s roomy, chic, and can go with so many looks that it’s almost ridiculous.
- Alisa Oxford, $178, Cole Haan – I’ve been obsessed with the Cole Haan Alisa Oxford for awhile now, but I’m head over heels in love the neon sole version. This version is currently sold out online, but I have faith and loaded credit card that hope I can track down this neon yellow trimmed pair in time for spring and summer.
- Crochet-Espadrille Flats, $19.94, Old Navy – I always thought flat espadrilles were cute, but I’ve never bought a pair. This past weekend, I went to Old Navy with a couple of my friends and saw these and instantly thought they were too cute. However, I didn’t end up buying them, but I plan to take a this shirt I did buy and it exchange it for these shoes. They are too cute and look mad comfy… I hope.
- Kate Spade New York ‘idiom’ Thin Bangle, $58, Nordstrom – I love thin gold bangles and the more I find them, the more I love them , including this one by Kate Spade. It’s engraved with inspirational words all around with the saying “Mom Always Said” on the inside. This would also make a great mother’s day gift…in case you were looking for something already.
Is there anything you’re looking to grab this month for the upcoming seasons? I would love to hear them!
It’s hot, I constantly feel like I’m melting, and the less fuss, the best. So, this month lust-have list is continuing on my easy breezy summer lifestyle.
- NARS Body Illuminator in Laguna, $45, Sephora – I’ve been really impressed by NARS’ illuminators and I’ve always been a fan of the Laguna bronzer. So, this sounds like I could be a potential stan of this product.
- Printed Ruffle Chiffon Dress, $36.94, Old Navy – Yep, I’m still in dress mode, although I haven’t really been wearing dress, but still I’m yearning for them. This light yellow chiffon dress from Old Navy looks so light and easy. Just what the doctor ordered for me.
- Gray Quartz Ring, $42.75, All The Rage Online– I’ve been obsessing and pondering buying this ring. I love the natural texture of the stone and not to mention the chunkiness.
- Carlos Falchi Matte Microfiber Tote, $220, Saks.com– It’s a cobalt blue tote! A fabulous and big cobalt blue tote by Carlos Falchi! Love.
- Jeffrey Campbell ‘Esmerald’ Glitter Sandal, $64.95, Nordstrom– Probably the prettiest slide-on sandals I’ve seen in a while! I imagine that these are the shoes Cinderella would wear on vacation. Beautiful.
Who else remembers when Old Navy was mostly thought of for their logo tees, hoodies, and bland denim? Well, they are definitely more than that now. Take a peek at what Old Navy has up their sleeves for fall with the Fall 2010 lookbook.
Keep reading to see more picks and prices!
Keep reading to see what Old Navy is offering up this summer, include patriotic, plaid, and colorful graphic pieces.