My sister and I recently decided that we would resign our lease for another year. In the past year, I haven’t done much, if any, changes in the home decor not even painting a wall or 10. However, that is about to change and one of the first rooms that’s going to get worked on is the living room.
In preparation for this task, I’ve been looking for home decor and style inspirations and one thing that has gotten my attention are the addition of Moroccan inspired poufs to decor designs.
Moroccan poufs are not only great for adding extra seating and character to your room, but they are also versatile for other functions.
One of the ways the ways to use a pouf is as an ottoman. Instead of the “traditional” fabric and legged ottoman, poufs are soft and comfortable. Plus, they can be stacked for a customized fit.
Another conventional use is to use them as additional table space. Add a vintage silver tray to create a bohemian feel to a dinner party or intimate get together.
Aside from the multiple uses, they are available in numerous colors and some textures. If you are looking to buy one or a few to add some new flair to your home decor, check out the sites below.
I love October. It’s the first official full month of fall and boots, sweaters, and all things Pumpkin Spice are now appropriate for consumption.
I’m just blessed that I was able to see another month and day. So, without further ado, here is my monthly list of things that I’m lusting after.
Now that football season is about to take over my TV tomorrow, I feel like this is going to be my last weekend, day actually, to watch some of my favorite and classic movies. As you can tell, I have a nice mixture of comedy, drama, musicals, and continuous classics. Looking for some movies to add to your watch list? Well, here are a few to get you going:
- Clueless – It’s hard to believe that this movie is almost 20 years old! Maybe, it’s because some of the fashion trends from the movie (hello, knee socks and oxfords) are coming back for fall. Also, I’m sure the fact that Iggy Izalea was inspired by the movie to to create teh video for the most popular song of the summer, didn’t hurt.
- The Wedding Planner – A super cute, slightly cheesy, movie featuring Jennifer Lopez as detail-obsessed and single wedding planner who fall for the groom of one of the weddings she’s planning. Yeah…awkward.
- Bridesmaids – One of the funniest movies EVER! It’s just awesome all up and through it and I practically watch it every time I see that it’s on.
- The Little Mermaid – This movie brings back so many good and nostalgic feels from my childhood. In the late 80s early 90s, this was the headline movie for slumber parties all over the country. If you had popcorn, pajamas, and The Little Mermaid on VHS, your slumber party was an automatic A+. The adult version is gourmet popcorn, candy flavored vodka, VS sleepwear, and The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray. Still a A+, just a little tipsy. It helps the feelings you need to bring when you sing each song out long…despite your neighbors’ wishes.
- West Side Story – When I think of amazing musicals, this is it! The story of love struck teens from different sides (and gang affiliations) want to be together, despite the wishes of their friends and loved ones. The story, the dancing, the music, and tears makes this one of my favorite movies of all time.
- Imitation of Life – This is my mom’s favorite movie, which explains why it’s my favorite movie. The first time I saw it, I only saw the last 5 minutes of it, which if you’ve ever seen it, you know that was too emotional to not want to watch all of it. This movie will tap on so many emotions, good and bad, but you feel so warm inside. All of the feels are too much and too strong. Just make sure you are in reach when watching this movie.
Did you see any of your favorites? Have any suggestions? Leave them below!
September is my favorite month! Not only because it’s my birthday month (September 26), but also it’s the first official month of fall. Although the heat hasn’t completely left the forecast, there have been some days when I had the option to throw on a cardigan to fight the early morning chill. Score! So, I know the cool days are soon to come, as you will be able to tell in the things I’m lusting for this month. Take a look below.
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Large Tote – Every fall, it’s nice to invest in a new black, everyday purse. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been eying this bag from MK. I’m into structured and clean lines this season and this purse looks like it fits the bill. I think this is going to be my birthday gift to myself.
- Marc Jacob Daisy Dream – I’ve loved all the Marc Jacob Daisy perfumes and I’m sure this will follow suit.
- Schutz Quesadilha Slingback Mules – I slingback, chunky heel, ankle strap mule! Yes, please! Plus, the black/brown combo will carry you from fall to winter and possibly right into spring. Options are girl’s true best friend.
- Disney Cartoons Graphic Sweatshirt – When Forever 21 released their Disney collab collection, all the pieces were fun and nostalgic. However, this sweatshirt was the one item that I wanted instantly and would look great paired with black leggings, jeans, or even skirt.
- A Taste of Honey Almost Lipstick Trio – One of my favorite lipsticks from Clinique is the cult classic Black Honey Almost Lipstick, which is a sheer deep burgundy that compliments all skintones and is my go-to lip for fall and winter since it adds a moisture to your lips. However, I’ve yet to try the other “Honey” Almost Lipstick. So, the fact that Clinique has temporarily released them as a trio makes it all the more perfect time to buy and try them…finally!
I’ve lived in my fair share of small spaces. So, I know first hand how difficult it can be to pick, find, and buy the right functional furniture to accommodate your needs without making your home feel cluttered, stuffed, and lacking room to move, especially when you like to have guests over to entertain.
So, here are a few pieces and tips to help you design and add some functionality to your small space and friendly for entertaining.
- Shelf Folding Bookcase – A folding bookcase, like this Linon Dolce Folding Bookshelf from Target, has large larges shelves which are perfect for displaying large books, pictures, and figurines. Also, this bookshelf easily folds down for compact storage and moving around for more room for entertaining.
- Nesting Tables – I love nesting tables! Nesting tables are like the Russian dolls of furniture. They fit perfectly in small spaces and nest smaller tables, usually underneath the larger version. In case you need every table space for company, crafts, of work, you have the ability to accommodate yours and others’ need for more table room. Personally, I love this nesting coffee table from Pottery Barn. A coffee table with the option for end tables or extra space for guests.
- Storage Ottoman – Storage ottoman’s offer not only extra storage, but style and seating. When it comes to ottomans, I always say you should find one that has a nice design aesthetic, such as this tufted and footed ottoman from Wayfield.
- Sturdy TV Stand – Despite your lack of space, you do need at least “heavy” piece of furniture and I usually like to focus on a sturdy TV stand with plenty of hidden storage for DVD and equipment. Clean lines and minimal, but distinguished details are always great, just like Fung TV stand from Pier 1.