For over a year, I’ve been trying to create a bar area that’s pleasantly stocked. I think that a bar area in your home is very inviting…to most. Personally, I’m a social drinker, but there are a couple of times a week that I find myself partaking in a glass of wine to unwind from a long day at work.
This week, my sister and I are moving to a cute little house we are renting and one of the first things I’m going to tackle is setting up a bar. Although, neither of us are “drinkers”, we do socialize with some and host most group get-togethers at our place. So, we try to keep some “spirits” for visitors.
Typically, when it comes to metal in fashion or home decor, I like to go gold. However, for the bar, I’m really feeling a silver and glass with touches of black theme. I love the sleek and modern feel of the look. Plus, my dining room furniture is black and a silver bar area will compliment each other nicely and allow me to add an accent color of my choice, per season.
So, here are some items I’m pondering to help build my silver-lining bar area.
- Oeniphilia 6 Bottle Wall Mounted Wine Rack, $43.32, Walmart
- Stainless-Steel Bar Tools Set with Stand, $89.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Mikasa Cheers Set of 4 Glass Bottle Stoppers, $25, Amazon.com
- Oggi Stainless Steel Double Wall Ice Bucket, $29.99, Target
- Luigi Bormioli ‘Rossini’ Decanter, $40, Nordstrom
- Dorset Cocktail Shaker, $119.95, Williams-Sonoma
- Bristol Bar Cabinet, $549, JC Penney
- Stainless Steel Cocktail Glasses, $19.99, Target
- Metallic Print Glassware Set, $34, West Elm
Halloween, tough jackets, and cool mornings. One of my favorite months, October, is here and I’m all in! Even as I write this, it’s cloudy, cool, and calming outside and feels and looks like late fall/early winter. So…I’m happy. PLUS, Starbucks has brought out their Pumpkin Spice Latte which is always the first sign that we are in the midst of fall rolling through.
Check out the list of things that I’m lusting for this lovely month of October.
- Diane von Furstenburg ‘Highline Courier’ Leather and Calf Hair Satchel, $595, Nordstrom
- Clarks ‘Rosepoint Dew’ Booties, $139.95, Nordstrom
- Contrast Leather-Look Bomber, $110, TopShop
- Generation Love Hannah Leather Henley, $152, singer22.com
- Clarisonic Mia2 Sonic Skin Cleansing Acne Clarifying Collection, $169, Sephora
Although I only missed August Lust-Have List, it feels like I haven’t done one in years. Anywho, it’s September; my birthday month (September 26) and I’m back at a level of contentment and plan to keep this feeling going for a while.
This month is all about the transitioning of replacing fun and bold colors of summer to demure and sultry colors of fall. Well, pump your breaks, because I’m feeling very retro and neutral and it shows in my list. Enjoy.
- Throwback Denim Jacket, $29.80, Forever 21 – I feel like this needs to be in my possession..like….last week.
- Amanda Classic Hobo, $485, Tory Burch – A girl in my office has this bag and I always try to get a glance at it when I pass by and she has it sitting on the chair next to her desk. It’s the perfect classic shoulder bag and perfect for work days and weekend errands.
- Chan Luu Gold-plated lapis drop earrings, $90, Net-A-Porter.com – Ahh…they’re blue and chic. Say no more.
- Josie Maran 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil, $48, Sephora – My hair need this. All the dying, blow-drying, flat-ironing and just pure being in the sun has added a touch of “crispiness” to my already dry and curly hair. I’ve nothing but amazing things about this oil and I can’t wait to try it.
- Tildon Pointy Toe Pump, $69.95, Nordstrom – I just want to style these with some rolled cuff boyfriend denim, a white tee, and hot pink blazer.
I had an amazing June filled with fun times with family and friends and July is looking like its going to be just as fun.
Here are the things that I’m lusting for this month.
- Nike ‘Air Revolution Sky Hi’ Sneaker, $150, Nordstrom – I guess the hidden wedge sneaker trend isn’t dying down any soon and I’m more than happy with that, because I’m loving it as much as I’m loving these female wedged version of the classic Nike Air Revolution.
- MCM Liz Reversible Canvas and Leather Tote, $510, Saks.com – I’ve been wanting an MCM bag since…well the 80s when they were all the rage. Now that they have made a comeback in the past couple of years, I’ve been wanting one even more now. I love this one because it’s reversible. One side is the classic leather monogram, but the other side is a fun canvas print with the MCM logo in purple graffiti!
- Femme Spear Bangle, $19.99, JewelMint – A very subtle gold bangle is all I’ve been wishing I had last week while getting for work. I’m still in awe that I don’t have one…yet. I ordered this one and I can’t wait for it to arrive already!
- Marc Jacobs Honey Perfume, $72, exclusively at Sephora – I’ve yet to find a Marc Jacobs scent that I didn’t love and that statement still holds true, because I love the soft scent of the latest from Marc Jacobs perfumes. Seriously, it makes me invision me laying in a field on sunny Saturday afternoon as the sun is about to set. I’m so visual. lol
- Karl Lagerfield + Tokidoki Crystal Embellished Tee, $110, exclusively at Net-A-Porter – It’s a Karl Lagerfield tee by Tokidoki and it’s exclusive for Net-A-Porter. Need I type more?
I guess I’m really into prints this month, huh? I don’t know if it’s because I’m getting older/more mature, but I’ve been opening my mind to more fashion choices that I thought wouldn’t work on me or emphasis things that I’m insecure about (i.e my legs and flabby arms) in the past.
Prints. We use to be real cool when I was in the 6th grade and my mom bought me all these super cute printed 2 piece short sets and dresses for my “chubby” shape. What up Sears’ Pretty Plus section?!?!
Well, here the things I’m lusting for June! You?
- A. Pom Pom Flippy Dress, $240, TopShop – I’m just drooling over the color combination and knit work on the bodice!
- B. Tartine Tote in Diamond Raffia, $398, J. Crew – I love the ethnic contrast, yet simplicity of this tote. Perfect for a work day or beach day. 😉
- C. Dominic Jones Hinged Ring, $455, Net-A-Porter – I’m obsessed with hinged rings! I feel that everything wrong in my life will instantly get “fixed” if I have this ring. Well, I can dream….while wearing this ring.
- D. Challis Shorts, $17.99, Target – I go to Target a lot….A LOT! Every time I go, I always contemplate on if I should buy a pair and I still haven’t bought a pair…yet.
- E. 7 For All Mankind Zena Sandal, $158, Piperlime.com – They are just so fab! I can’t.