Summer is almost a wrap, kids are on their way back to school (for those of you with kids) and the semi-relax weekdays are slowly dwindling away and are being replaced with work, school projects, and required extra curricular activities. So, might I suggest that at least every other weekend you sit back, hide in your A/C engulfed home from the final days of sweltering heat, and sip some lemon ice water while catching up on a book you haven’t finished and or TV shows clogging up your DVR.
This weekend, I’m planning to create a few more dents in my sofa while watching reruns of ‘Blossom’, clipping magazines for pieces for my inspiration and vision boards, and snacking. Might I suggest you find the time to relax more on the weekends, at least before the holiday season comes to attack all your free time in the mid to late Fall.
Rhinestone & Chain Drop Earrings, $3.80, Forever 21; Ribbed Tank Top, $9.95, H&M; Rebecca Minkoff Love Clutch, $255, Shopbop; PU Black Pleated Midi Skirt, $110, TopShop; Schutz Gilberta Pumps, $180, Piperlime; Joomi Lim Spike Bracelet, $128, Shopbop
It’s that time of the year when the days are getting shorter and I’m holed up in my house stalking my weather app for the arrival of cool and crisp temperatures. Yes, fall is approaching and I’m feening for it! I can’t wait to break out my cardigans, heavy knit dresses and tights (NOT leggings).
So, I’ve accumulated a fall intense list of items I’m lusting for this month.
- Christian Louboutin ‘Rouge Louboutin’ nail polish, $50, Nordstrom – I can’t fathom paying $50 for a manicure, let alone a polish, but Christian Louboutin is releasing his first nail color this month in a bright red, which is the same hue as the sole of his iconic shoes. I’m definitely curious to get a bottle. (PLUS, that bottle looks INSANE!)
- Sabine Double Link Necklace, $64, Piperlime – I’m not really a fan of silver jewelry, but I love the look of the black and silver link necklaces together. This necklace is a great piece to tie a plain outfit together or add a little edge to a soft look.
- Rebecca Minkoff Leo Pouch in Leopard, $95, ShopBop – Leopard print is a neutral print to me, because it practically goes with any color and adds a subtle pop when added in the form of an accessory, such as this sleek pouch from Rebecca Minkoff. This piece might become your BFF for a night on the town.
- Striped Scoop-Neck Jersey Dress, $29.94, Old Navy – I saw the navy/orange version of this dress this weekend while shopping during tax-free weekend and I was so mad that I didn’t buy it, but I’m glad I didn’t, because I would much rather get this black and tan version. Perfect for fall and winter.
- Kara Chain Loafers, $120, Topshop – I’m really trying to fall back from wearing too many flats, but these oxford loafers are too amazing. I love the detail of the thin gold chain between the upper and sole of the shoe.
- Tarte Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Cream, $38, Sephora – I’m in the market for a new eye cream and I’ve heard this one is great to help brighten, hydrate, and firm the underye area. Just what I need!
- Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, $89.50, Clinique – My skin has always gotten along with Clinique products, especially their 3-Step Skin system. So, I’m definitely curious to try out their new skin cleansing brush. I hear the brush is super soft and gentle, but very effective in removing dirt and makeup from your skin.
Everyone has their own personal style when it comes to fashion and usually it carries on throughout their home. My personal clean style of neutral color with bright accents shows all up and down in my house. So, I’m really interested in OPI & Clark+Kensington paint collaboration.
The collab combines 18 of OPI’s most beloved shades with C+K’s premium paint to create a line of some of your favorite OPI shades in paint form. The 18 colors are separated to create 3 different, but completely stylish color palettes.
The Artist Collections features Keeping Suzi at Bay, Miami Beet, Don’t Touch My Tutu!, Gargantuan Green Grape, Samoan Sand and I Eat Mainely Lobster and has charming a colorful scheme and perfect for the person that love color, but in chic and soft touches.
The Wild Heart Collection includes Can’t Find My Czechbook, Black Onyx, My Pointe Exactly, Do You Lilac It?, Suzi Says Feng Shui, and Vant to Bite My Neck? and is for the person who is into drama and cool, chic colors.
The Romantic Collection contains OPI Red, Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!, My Very First Knockwurst, Chick Flick Cherry, My Vampire is Buff and Over the Taupe and is all about glam and sophistication.
I love all the color sets and have a room in mind for each set. The paints are exclusively available at Ace Hardware and I think I’ve found my Saturday plans.
Kate Spade New York Floral Cluster Popover Top, $498, Piperlime; Marc by Marc Jacobs Daisy Earrings, $48, ShopBop; MILLY Miley Frame Clutch, $159.99, Piperlime; Rag & Bone Mila cut-off denim shorts, $165, Net-a-Porter; Sam Edelman Almira Sandal, $120, Piperlime